Older material
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 83

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

What do you suppose we will do with material that was submitted to the old M.A.I.L pages, by authors who are (for some reason) not arround right now to move it themselves or ask very nicely that we do it for them? (Assuming anyone exists in this situation.) Do we just take it implicitly that they would want to re-submit if they could? Is there any possible problem with making that assumption?

Submissions: 5

*nod* we can leave it up there as long as we need to...as long as we're not strapped for space it should be ok...

Hey mouth...make with the talkin Wink I'll get you a list of bounces.

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

Submissions: 24

Hmmm...I personally think that we could try to take a more personalized approach and give them another nudge. Maybe not all of the people emailed even paid attention to the email because it was a mass mailing. Or didn't realize that their stuff was affected. Or perhaps they just haven't had the time to resubmit the stuff yet (and might get a bit miffed if we take down the old so soon).

Maybe if we email some of them personally (the ones that we know) and ask them about it they'd be more willing to resubmit their stuff - or at least admit to not having time, not caring any more, etc...

Submissions: 79

didn't you say you got mail daemons, woody.. were those mostly for gallery submissions, et cetera? or were there any article people.. if you don't know off the top of your head, no worries.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

That letter you all got was sent to everyone on the old system...they know about it. By default we have to assume that means they don't want to do it. If you happen to know somebody who's not moved their stuff, feel free to poke a little Uber

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

Submissions: 243

I was basically recommending that we send everyone that previously submitted an email telling them that we plan to move everything to the new site, and what our new submission policy is. The same letter would also let them know that if they have any beefs with what we're doing they can contact us or have their material removed from the website totally. Then we just move everything.

Sorry about being so vague, it sounded much more complete in my own head before.

http://www.mailletec.com

Y'know, that might just be crazy enough to work!

i dont know if we should go about asking people who are not currently active members.. and even then i'd be hesitant.. for example i would have no worries about asking dweezle or the x nihil, they've offered anything on their sites previously..

for the most part i think we should avoid it.

kim

[ This Message was edited by: sakredchao on 2002-04-04 23:27 ]

Submissions: 83

You sent out that form letter. I assume it went to all the people who had stuff on the old sight? Perhaps we should undertake to try to personally contact all of those who haven't responded in some way to make sure they know what is going on and to offer maybe to move their things for them. I'd be willing to do some of that work (as much as I could at any rate). Should we wait a while longer for people to do that on their own? While I'm at this question thing, should we be considering getting out and asking people if we can use their material?

I'm confused Wink Are you recommendig we move them or we forget about them?

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

Submissions: 243

I think that contacting(or the attempt thereof) these members and informing them of our policy change as well as letting them know that if they disagree with the policy they can pull their material from the MAIL site should fulfill our obligations.

I think that there needs to be a little bit of the fend for yourself/caveat emptor mentality here. We tried the let's make it perfect for everyone mentality, and all it got us was mired down by the relatively unimportant details.

http://www.mailletec.com

Y'know, that might just be crazy enough to work!

well.. yes i think the problem lies in the fact that there is an agreement made.. however, i don't know that there would be any problem with cleaning up the old article page of the things that have been re-submitted, and leaving them posted..

this would mean that we are not making some sort of agreement for them. there are some articles which i do have permission to post. cynna, for example, emailled me her article on pricing with the intent to post it on MAIL... but for the most part i would say that submitting should be left up to the authors.

the problem lies in the fact that we have changed our submission agreement.. and even though it gives more power to the author, it is not right for us to make that agreement for them.

as of now, who hasn't resubmitted?
or, more specifically, woody, which article authors came back with mail daemons when you emailled them? perhaps i can track a person or two down.

kim

[ This Message was edited by: sakredchao on 2002-04-02 16:47 ]

i'll get on it today or tomorrow. i -really- need a bath.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1