pics by AMA Cobra
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 266

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

This is some really good stuff. I especially like the chess board, and cigarette case, and the tie. Oh the wonders of anodized aluminum! One day maybe.

Did I mention I like the chess board?

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2013-11-23)
152 + 13

Submissions: 9

Cobra, you've been busy. I like the chess board. The armor is looking good also. I started a coif in 16 Ga. 1/4" but started over in 5/16" I didn't have your patients. The next one I made was 14 Ga. 3/8". I guess I'm going to have to break down and get some anodized alum. I'd like to make a chess board, but if you do that you just have to make chess pieces. Not ready for that. Keep up the good work. As David said did I mention that I like the chess board?

Do not rouse the anger of the Great and Powerful Oz.

Submissions: 9

David_Austin and Gene,

My appologies for not answering this thread earlier. I have never checked any other board besides the Knitting Circle.

David_Austin,

The tie was inspired by the one that I saw on your website over a year ago. Smile I am glad that you liked the chessboard, it was my most insane endeavor. Being very much a newbie and trying something that complicated almost broke my brain. I have already gotten one commission to make another board for a chess playing friend of mine. His will be out of brass and black stainless I think.

Gene,

I try to spend at least two hours a day mailleing. However, that does not always happen. The winter break was good to me though, I got in about 11 hours a day of mailleing, did most of the work on my byrnie during that time. Amazing what can get done in three weeks. Smile
I have aspirations toward making the chess pieces...I am not that artistic with my mailleing. The most I would ever do is make checker pieces out of Japanese 6-in-1 (HEAVILY modified and stacked like a 4-in-1 cube). What I plan on doing is getting jade and some kind of blue stone chess pieces.
I am glad you like my board too, it is my most favorite project to date. Smile

Peace,

Matt

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1