42%  [ 20 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 47

Submissions: 6

Posted on Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:22 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I agree with Kabaalk. Most of the people that were "goth" that I knew would sit around bad mouthing "preps" and "normal" people. They would purposely mess with people...Then get irritated when they got in trouble, or when someone else started messing with them.

I am just wondering? What makes you "truely goth". Isn't it all just stereotyping BS?

Oh, and to stay slightly on topic, Yes, I used to get called goth for the chainmaille, back when I wore the pair of 6-1 bracers I had. "Goth freak" to be more specific. Used to please me Razz Now I get irritated, because I have become very pessimistic, and sick and tired of labels and stereotypes.

Latas

You are but a figment of your imagination in a poor attempt to amuse yourself.

"Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. In fact, put those lungs down too. The organ bank is not a playground"

Chain armour + Bullets = Hot Knife + butter

Epica (Level 21 Tauren Druid ~ Uther)
Dementio (Level 70 Undead Warlock ~ Uther)
Demontia (Level 43 Iksar Necromancer ~ Fennin Ro (Torvonilous)-Retired

Proud supporter of Ninja's!

Submissions: 30

Posted on Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:19 pm

i'm in the tattoo industry and with my job you see people come in from all walks of life. and they all have something to say about someone else, it's just the way it is...

what happens when life gives you lemons and you don't like lemonade??

xxxxxHeather

Submissions: 5

Posted on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:07 am

Me, personally, only once and that was by someone sadly misinformed. Personally ... I hate labels. In fact I do my best to wrong foot people seeking to label me. To see me walking down the street I guess I look like a fairly ordinary person. My cousin calls me a freak, then again I do admit to being mad. Very Happy I ride horses, write, take photos, make maille ... If that makes me mad I'm proud of it. Very Happy

Submissions: 8

Posted on Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:09 pm

zilla wrote:
If that makes me mad I'm proud of it. Very Happy

Here Here! *Raises a glass*

Siege

John Lennon once sang a song where he imagined a world with no religion at all, and how all the people would be living life in peace, which sounds like a pretty terrific philosophy to follow - but then again, John Lennon also sang a song about how he was an eggman and a walrus goo goo g'joob, so i'm not sure he was always 100 per cent reliable.

Submissions: 35

Posted on Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:17 pm

I'd have to agree with Kabaalk on this. Also, Vlad, those are some sweet shoes.

Submissions: 75

Posted on Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:58 pm

I don't get called goth but on occasion I am called punk. Meh I don't exactly care what they think. The only time I was remotely called goth was when I was asked why I hang out with all those goth people, and I hang out with them for sales Very Happy .

Sit back, relax, and whip out some rings!

Submissions: 30

Posted on Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:01 am

actually, if you really stop and think about it, we ARE the normal ones... there are more of us "strange" people in the world than there are "normal" people. so actually THEY are the minority... Very Happy

what happens when life gives you lemons and you don't like lemonade??

xxxxxHeather

Submissions: 25

Posted on Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:58 pm

I've been called a lot worse things by dumber people in my time. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what people call you. Your knife proof and their not.

snap!

Submissions: 74

Posted on Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:12 pm

I get called a goth, but not for the maille i ware, but for my long jet black hair, white complection,a dozzen chains (only my walet and key chain are maille), black clothes, black eyeliner and dark purple lipstic. Im pritty shure that is y they call me one...lol the extra chains just add to the goth. though i don't consider myself goth.i see the goths about here and they take it a lot farther then i do white makup and pircings in placses i did not no could be pirced..lol (i have only my ears, lip and tung pirced)

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 17

Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:35 pm

yeah, im amazed at some of the piercings that people have... no, im not talking about those tribal people that stick things in one cheek and out the other. they are crazy people, and its what they do. im talking about youre average everyday person getting some really strange place pierced...

my friend got a surface piercing between her boobs. i didnt know that people got ones like that done. its aparrently about 15mm deep, and touches the sternum... looks wicked though!

you all laugh cuz im different. i laugh cuz your all the same
the ostrich is a freakish reminder that satan is alive and well and wants harm to come to us

Submissions: 2

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:12 am

I get called alot of labels. then again i'm in marching band, into metalwork and art, in aviation club, the german club, and the gsa(gay straight alliance). makes it hard for them to pin it down. i'm fine with getting called nearly anything except nazi(strong german heritage and all my family was forcefully conscripted). but goth? what's so bad about getting called that. even if you look at the sterotype, they maybe are depressive but they can draw and write poetry. looks better then the prep sterotype. but either way i look at it. i have skills you'll never have, or hope to have so what right do you have to think you're better then me?

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:02 am

People love stereotypes don't they? Since when did it some to "the definition of goth is someone who is depressed and obsessed with death"? Goth is short for gothic and is a tribe(s) and later a culture culture back in the dark and middle ages. Am I a goth? In the sense that I wear my chainmaille and dress as if I were sacking Rome....yes I am. Am I a Goth in the sense that I love the architecture and art from the period....then yes I am a goth. But I am not some glooncookie that thinks about death all the time, dresses as if they came from the crypt, and claims slipknot is gothic style music. Man.....I was at Batsday and some young glooncookie (death obsessive, depressed, etc) followed me around half the day....that got interesting to see that side of this modern subculture. It's similar to Wicca with it's fluffies. But I am not a modern goth, maybe an ancient one, but not a modern.

Submissions: 38

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:36 am

Kuragari, i agree 100% to what you just said. Well exept that I wasn't at Batsday

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:18 pm

Batsday is when you go to Disneyland all dressed up like a harcore goth. It's an annual event once a year. Next year I'm dressing up in a hauberk, chausses, and a half plate suit.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:30 pm

lol that is true. but the common man dosen't realize that. then again alot of the common men fit this defenition of goth -"One who is rude or uncivilized; a barbarian; a rude, ignorant person."

i wonder when will people get called huns cause you have the goth and vandals already.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 4. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next