other post board gallerys?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 21

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I am just curious, I always check out gallery posts in this order: MAIL, chainmaille board, and then TRL. Does anybody know of some more gallerys out there that have some unique work in them?

Thanx in advance

~Dan~

P.S. I am a faithfull browser/poster of our gallery, but it seems that people don't post to ours as often as others do at the other posts. I am always hungry for something new.

Submissions: 32

DC wirework's gallery has a dropdown menu that allows you to select for it to only show things from the last couple days if you want it to. it makes it not nearly as slow as if you let it load the entire gallery. I'm on dial up and it doesn't bother me to much, though I tend to work on maille while on the internet anyways.. I try to maille while using a friends cable modem and I don't get any maille done at all.

I only tend to post in the gallery here what I feel are my more interesting maille things.. as what is posted is more or less here to stay, otherwise it'd become cluttered with a lot of junk that's already on my site. though there are a few things I keep procrastinating about posting.. like some solid rings punched from sheet metal, rings cut with score and break, and a few weaves made from the "8" shaped links of a bike chain.

I check these boards once in a while, the chainmaille board (DC wireworks) almost every day, and TRL and chainmailconnection whenever I think of it.. which tends to be every six months or so. nothing against Jon's or Sara's sites, I just don't like keeping up with five different boards and don't think to check some of them very often.

I had forgotten to mention that site, I do go there and I am a member, thanx Olaf Smile

~Dan~

Submissions: 10

DC Wireworks has a gallery. Only members are allowed to post and if you have a dial-up, it can be a really slow load as the entire gallery loads when you go in.

Thanx for the advice, I have never posted there but I check out the gallery just about every day. It hasn't been updating much lately though. I am about to post a weave here, so you can have something new to check out

~Dan~

Submissions: 14

XSS is Cross-Site Scripting. Here's a FAQ, if you want more detail: http://www.cgisecurity.com/articles/xss-faq.shtml

Submissions: 24

Don't less people go here, too?
I check here then TRL.
What is XSS?

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

Watashiwa nihongogo wakarimassen.

Submissions: 14

Yeah, but there are two big problems with TRL's method:
  1. bandwidth and storage issues (which is partially to blame for that site's current woes)
  2. it opens you up *wide* to XSS attacks when your posters know the final destination of their file (which is one reason I have completely canned uploading files to my website - people have to email them to me to get posted in the gallery - I have been hit several times in the past)

Submissions: 83

in regard to the PS, it's usually because in this gallery, you have to submit things before you can show them off, on the other boards (IE: TRL) you can upload, then link the pictures directly, making it easier. maybe that is the cause..
(i usually check here, then TRL)

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 10

Dweezle,
I quit posting everything I did on boards a loong time ago as well. After my second or third basic shirt, it was 'just a shirt' and not very different from the others. I basically only post things that are really different... or an example of one decent shot of something I do a lot. Add to it, if folks really want to see basic stuff... my site is always there!

As for posting though we are probably the exact opposite. I mainly post TRL, then here on occassion, and check LC's board off and on.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1