Legolas
61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

Submissions: 17

who would win : aragorn vs legolas
Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:30 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

here we are, a list of "who would win" threads starting to form, so ive decided to add my own.

aragorn vs legolas
as they are in the movie.. aragorn has narsil, his bow, and his dagger. legolas has his bow (and a full quiver of arrows), and his knives. they both start off 25m apart in a lightly wooded area, relativeley flat terrain, with a few smal logs, branches, and such.

lets hear it!

you all laugh cuz im different. i laugh cuz your all the same
the ostrich is a freakish reminder that satan is alive and well and wants harm to come to us

Submissions: 8

Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:50 pm

My answer is C: They would not fight. They?re friends.

As to the environment, Legolas is a wood elf. He?s a thousand-year-old Prince of Mirkwood, if I recall correctly. So he?d be right at home in the environment you?ve set. Oh, and his quiver is always full! It?s Elvin.

Though he?s an eighty-year-old man* Aragorn is no slouch either. Ranger from the North and soon to be King of Gondor, he too fights with Elvin weapons and the skill of many years as a ranger. The environment should be no problem for Aragorn either, but it is Legolas? home.

* Books and extended edition DVD. His race of men simply live that much longer.

Bottom line is that I don?t think loyalty and friendship would allow them to come to blows. A similar case in point was the friendship between Elrond and the last King of Gondor before Aragorn (whose name escapes me at the moment). If Elrond had not allowed their friendship to stop him, he could possibly have taken the ring by force and destroyed it when they were at Mount Doom a thousand years before the events recorded in The Lord of The Rings.# Of course that wouldn?t have left much of a story for us?

# That?s probably why it seemed as if his hemorrhoids were acting up throughout most of the movies. ?If only? ?

"Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: The (New) Eclectic Dragonfly. Some of my stuff at CafePress!

Submissions: 28

Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:25 pm

i agree with HerrBGone. but if one were to win it would be legolas. as mentioned before, it is his terrian and his years of experiance. but one question, does legolas have his lothlorian bow or his mirkwood bow?

Arthur: Let's go somewhere.
Trillian: Where'd you have in mind?
Ford: I know this great restaurant at the end of the universe

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Submissions: 14

Posted on Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:18 am

gosh, we're all nerds here, we're arguing over who would win....man i love chainmaille stuff

Submissions: 15

Posted on Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:40 am

Ok, let's say that Aragorn stole Legolas' favorite hair brush Very Happy

now Legolas is out to open up a 1000 year old can of whoop @$$, and Aragorn won't take that crap.

So, starting 25m apart, no contest, Legolas would just shoot Aragorn in the face before he could even drawn an arrow. Legolas does have some experience on him.

thousands of rings, sure chance of slip 'n jab, what are we watin' for?

Submissions: 17

Posted on Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:31 am

i would have to go with aragorn in this one....

skillwise, theyre pretty much even. its the king of gondor, remember!

aragorn has some amazing arrow dodging skills. remember in TFOTR after the crossed the bridge in khazad dum, aragorn ducked an arrow, and sidestepped another 2.....

also, do remember that both of these characters survived the same situations in the movie..... unlike the other few who would win threads, gandalf vs witchking for example, the witchking dies in the movie.... aragorn and legolas travel together, and face the same enemies throughout the entire trillogy.

in close, i dont think legolas stands much of a chance against a great sword, with only his 2 knives. lego wears no armor, whilst aragorn does.... lego uses slashing attacks, with a few thrusts with his knives, and we all know what kind of attacks maille is best suited against.... cmon, say it with me... S L A S H I N G attacks...

lego = gooooone

you all laugh cuz im different. i laugh cuz your all the same
the ostrich is a freakish reminder that satan is alive and well and wants harm to come to us

Submissions: 19

Posted on Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:07 pm

I think that if Aragorn could get close enough to legolas then it would be no contest....at close range Aragorn would rip the Elf prince apart.....whereas I think that at a range Legolas would be able to toss an arrow into Aragorn's throat.....so....I think starting 25m apart Legolas would come out victorious

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:18 pm

Ok, apparently most of you guys are only going on the movies here, the movies TOTALLY beefed up Legalos... in the books he didnt do anything crazy like that. Aragorn would win simply because he is of the Dunedain. Hes a ranger therefore he knows just as much if not more about the forest as an Elf. Next, elves are very very very frail, rangers are hardened fighters. In the books Aragorn spent the majority of his life killing orcs and trolls. Why do you think Gandalf asked Aragorn to help him? Thats one thing that i hated about the movies, they completly distorted Legolas, they made him seem invincible. Cmon, taking out a Mumakil single handedly? It's too far fetched in Tolkeins world. He wanted a realistic world, not like Forgotten Reals where everyone does backflips and takes out hundreds of people at once. You maybe could do that if you were one of the Maia or Illuvatar himself, but not Humans, Dwarves, or Elves. My advice is, read the books then decide, dont just pop in The fellowship and make your choice. Also, Aragorn was raised by Elves so he knows all of their tricks and such. Also, Aragorn resisted the ring on several occasions, now i know Legolas did too, BUT Elves arent effected by it, unless they are truly corrupt. Aragorn is human, well direct decendent of Elendil, anyways... do you realize how much will power it would take to resist the ring? And Sauron himself. Also, Aragorn is just as good as a bowman as Legolas, and an unparalelled swordsman. In the end, Aragorn would win.

Posted on Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:33 pm

Hey HerrBgone, the events in The Lord of the Rings took place a little over 3000 years after Isildur took the ring for his own and left Mount Doom. 3019 to be exact.

Posted on Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:01 am

Um, remember though that Legolas is a 1000 year old Prince of Mirkwood.

and there are wose things than some hobbit-fancying ranger in Mirkwood.

come on though. at 25M apart, even i could shoot aragorn in the face.

i regualrly hit a target the size of a human head at archery practice at 30m, and i'm not that good!

Submissions: 8

Posted on Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:26 pm

Yes, but does the target know you're shooting at it and is it trying to avoid being shot?

"Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: The (New) Eclectic Dragonfly. Some of my stuff at CafePress!

Submissions: 3

Posted on Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:10 am

I have to say, IF they fought, Aragorn would win. Of course before it ever happened Gandalf would SMACK THEM DOWN FOR BEING STUPID!

Wouldn't you guys aggree?

Peace and Maille

Posted on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:31 am

NO! Very Happy

given a range of 25m Legolas would Own Aragorn, hand to hand, legolas would be ripped apart, but the scenario has them starting at 25m apart.

even the books say that Legolas was a legendary archer.

Posted on Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:30 am

This is how the fight would go:

"Legolas! I do not want to fight you!" Aragorn shouted as he stalked Legolas from the dense parts of the wood. The sound of his shouts reverberated off the trees making it seem like he was everywhere. In his panic, Legolas fired off several stray shots into the woods only to hear the dull thud of steel to trees.

"You stole my hairbrush Aragorn! You must pay!" The elf shouted as he gazed more closely with his elven eyes. He caught only glimpses of shadow out of the corner of his eyes and before he turned they were gone. He readied another arrow to fire and stood, waiting.

Before the Elf could hear his actions, Aragorn leapt from the shadow attempting a lethal strike at Legolas'. Turning in panic, Legolas released his arrow, tearing a gash in Aragorns side. The blow the ranger delivered struck Legolas just above the jaw, cleaving his head in half.

Legolas' body fell limp to the ground in a pool of crimson blood. Knowing the strike had vanquished the Elf, Aragorn began tending to his severe wound, wrapping spare cloth around it. He managed to slow the bleeding. He then began looking for Ethalas in the patches of flowers and weeds.

Finding some, he applied them and sealed his wound. He then walked to Legolas' remains and said softly, "I am sorry my old friend." Then arranged the body honorably and walked into the shadow.

Thats about how it would happen, I could turn it into an epic battle and actually make it good, but i dont have that room, and im not about to spend thirty minutes writing a short story on a forum lol.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:53 am

You guys are freaks.

This is why I love this place. Very Happy

Peace and Maille

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1