Buttons now available
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Fund Raising

Submissions: 79

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 1:09 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

i like the ideas. you can look in the admin thread and see phong saying he'd want to get a few of the embroidered patches for his friends.

to be honest, we have no idea about the volume of business we do. it could be 1 shirt every 3 years. it would be -nice- to know, and if you watch the admin finance thread, it will probably be posted in there in the next month or so. (i hope.)

i have no experience with etsy. i followed legbas link and it seemed like a general storefront. ebay storefront, (with whatever minor differences). do they do other merchandise manufacturing?

something more in line with what you were thinking might be for MAIL to outright purchase 3 or so patches a year to give to the winners of the theme contest. if we have the funding, -=and our membership approves=-(gigantic IF), this could be a valuable middle ground. you wouldn't be overworked by an order of 100 patches where you are making a pittance.

i don't know if this is wanted by anyone, i'm just tossing it out there as something that, to me, seems a little more likely.

we certainly appreciate the offer you are making to contribute. however, it would be a sad thing if it left you feeling overworked and taken advantage of, even if it is according an offer where you chose the wording.

i love how we hijacked the buttons thread.
well worth it, though. valuable dialogue.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 294

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 2:14 pm

I've just had a good look around cafepress (and ordered 2 MAIL t shirts) and not all of the MAIL is on the same page. There is a woman's shirt that doesn't appear on the MAIL page but if you use the link that Deirdre posted in an previous post here, it's there. Also there are some shirts with more printing on the back which you have to hunt for.
I wonder why it's all over the place on cafepress?

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 5

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 2:18 pm

i would be honored to create a patch for a theme contest winner. thats sounds up my alley. if someone could draw me a sketch i can work with it.

it may sound crazy, but i need new ideas and things to create to keep motivated. the more i have to do, the more i get done. I do get bored when i have to do more than 25 of anything. id rather do 25 different items, being chainmaille, sewing, embroidery whatever. if anyone wants anything, you know how to get a hold of me.

Christy

Submissions: 1

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Legba3 wrote:
I've just had a good look around cafepress (and ordered 2 MAIL t shirts) and not all of the MAIL is on the same page. There is a woman's shirt that doesn't appear on the MAIL page but if you use the link that Deirdre posted in an previous post here, it's there. Also there are some shirts with more printing on the back which you have to hunt for.
I wonder why it's all over the place on cafepress?

I think cafe press did a whole restructuring of their site. the old link led to a page that said as much, and I searched around and found the new m.a.i.l. page URL. probably some stuff just got lost. I don't know how we find it again or re-set it up.

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Christy I think that's a great idea. It would be very nice for competition winners to have an actual object as well as a badge under their name.

Cindy no, I have no idea how cafepress works but it would seem a good idea to get all of the MAIL stuff on one page there.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Here is another Cafe Press link with more MAIL items

http://www.cafepress.com/maille2

Submissions: 1

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 2:49 pm

oh yeah, I think so too. I'm just saying they probably mis-placed things when they changed their server stuff around.

It works really easy, you decide what you want to sell in your "shop," upload the images, decide what to charge--they have a price that they charge and anything over that is your profit. Only thing is..did the items that were already uploaded get lost in the shuffle? or are they still there somewhere needing to be rearranged. The person who set it up in the first place needs to do it, or needs to give all the password info to someone else.

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 3:07 pm

That's the trouble, I don't think cohort is around anymore???

Maille Code

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Legba3 wrote:
That's the trouble, I don't think cohort is around anymore???

I'm trying to get in touch with him; the last time I saw him here iirc is when he posted this thread, lol.

Hopefully we'll be able to discuss a new CafePress manager at the next live admin chat.

Submissions: 79

Posted on Fri May 29, 2009 3:29 pm

we'll wait awhile for the cafepress. if cohort doesn't show up, we'll make a new account and give more than one person the keys.

i suspect he can be found somewhere.

as for the patch, -right now- we can't pay you anything for them, it would be a gift from you to the winner, much like when mical offered an LED flashlight he made as a prize for the first contest. if we were to use MAIL funds for this, it would take a lot of talk and an official membership vote.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 4. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4