Sometimes people are so nice...
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 106

Sometimes people are so nice...
Posted on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I sold a necklace off my website to a nice man in Canada who bought it for his niece. He sent me pictures of her wearing it. I just think that is so sweet!

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 20

Re: Sometimes people are so nice...
Posted on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:01 am

lorraine wrote:
I sold a necklace off my website to a nice man in Canada who bought it for his niece. He sent me pictures of her wearing it. I just think that is so sweet!

*stamp* Approved

Especially since I warned you that he was not to be trusted.
>.>
<.<

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Posted on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh, I took your advice DL. I verified the address of the buyer through PayPal and kept all the emails back and forth as proof. And I mailed it with signature required. Your advice was spot on. Very Happy

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 11

Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm

He was not to be trusted because he was from Canada? Yeah, I can see that. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Submissions: 16

Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Jax25 wrote:
He was not to be trusted because he was from Canada? Yeah, I can see that. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Actually, i wanted to quote the whole thing, but that espaccially made me laugh xD funny, I was never in the US, but because of all their TV shows I'm addicted to, I find that extremly funnyy ^^. (Altough I would rather go to canada than to the US - even if they have monopoly-money as a currency).

As for the initial topic;
I think stuff like that is really nice, I tend to show my supppliers what I do with their stuff, some of them are really happy about it (other don't seem to care, but thats their choice).
One of them - a jewelllry maker, too (and supplier for [in germany] rare high quality bronce wire) was really curious about what I do (and how) and was really happy about what I do with 'his' wire.
I just love to see the pieces worn and the happy faces Smile.

Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm curious - and in all seriousness, for once - what constitutes "high quality" bronze? Is it a specific alloy? Or do you just mean that his wire is really good?

Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Jax25 wrote:
I'm curious - and in all seriousness, for once - what constitutes "high quality" bronze? Is it a specific alloy? Or do you just mean that his wire is really good?

Okay, 'high quality' may be a poor choice of words... most alloys sold in germany are hard, so you need a blowtorch to really use it for mailling, his is soft (it iis still stonger then copper/sterling). Also, his bronze is a more historic correct alloy then others (he makes jewellry for medieval reenactment). Seeing that reenactment is a hobby of mine, that is also something I really like about it (even if the stuff I make with it aren't historic per se).

Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Jax25 wrote:

No no no! I love Canadians! (Even though I make fun of them all the time...)
The deal was that the sale was through PayPal and they sent me a notice that the shipping address was not verified as belonging to the account holder. That's a notice you get if the account is either not connected to a verified bank account or credit card OR if the shipping address is different from the billing address. They do that because it's possible that someone can hack into a PayPal account and buy stuff with the account holders money and have it sent to another address. It's just a safeguard.

I LOVE CANADIANS!!! Very Happy Razz Very Happy Razz
AND (MOST) ALL THE OTHER NATIONS!!!

Lorraine's Chains

Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Lorraine - Yeah, that "safeguard" always pissed the hell out of me when I was in college because my official address was my parents' address and yet I never wanted my stuff shipped there because it was a three hour drive (one way) away from where I lived when I was going to school. Rolling Eyes Then again, I hate paypal with a firey passion anyway, so it was just icing on the cake.

Kleriker - ahhhh, I see now. That's cool. Smile I was just wondering if it was special. *grin*

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:42 am

Jax25 wrote:
Then again, I hate paypal with a firey passion anyway, so it was just icing on the cake.

where do i get some of this firey icing?

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Posted on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:44 am

sakredchao wrote:
Jax25 wrote:
Then again, I hate paypal with a firey passion anyway, so it was just icing on the cake.

where do i get some of this firey icing?

From Canada! Coif LoL Coif LoL

Posted on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't like paypal either, but it's still better then credit card (for me.... because a credit card in ma hands would mean hell to my walllet), and I don't know how paypal opperates in other countries, but you can save more then one adress in your account (in germany). A lot of suppliers actually demand that the shipping adress is the same as the one that paypal says them (you can choose the adress during the payment).

I used to hate paypal... and I would still like to do stuff without it, but without credit card, there are a lot of shops out there I couldn't buy stuff from.

[actually, I own a credit card, but only because amazon.uk is my supplier for doctor who episodes and they don't take anything else I can offer... I keep that hellspawn locked away until next season.... I'm not really good with money]

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1