Hi all
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Hi all
Posted on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi, very new to weaving, only really attempted the euro 1-in-4, half way through making a chain mail shirt out of 3mm internal dia rings, takings FOREVER lol but its sooo relaxing, and i cant believe how soft it feels, i cant wait to finish it so i can try different weaves, any suggestions on what i should try next would be appreciated, perhaps an item of jewellery with an interesting weave look ?

Submissions: 1

Posted on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:47 pm

3mm is rather small for a full shirt of armor. I made myself a dicebag from 4.5mm ID rings, and that took me nearly 2 weeks to do!

If you're looking for other weaves to try, I might suggest both Full Persian and Half-Persian (both the 4-in-1 and 3-in-1). Both are a little hard to get started, but the weaves themselves are simple once you get going. Full Persian makes very pretty chains, and Half-Persian weaves can make interesting bracelets.

Also, try different ring materials - if you've only used stainless steel, try some bronze or brass.

Submissions: 24

Re: Hi all
Posted on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Crimmy wrote:
Hi, very new to weaving, only really attempted the euro 1-in-4, half way through making a chain mail shirt out of 3mm internal dia rings, takings FOREVER lol but its sooo relaxing, and i cant believe how soft it feels, i cant wait to finish it so i can try different weaves, any suggestions on what i should try next would be appreciated, perhaps an item of jewellery with an interesting weave look ?

3mm ID and halfway through? NICE! Any chance of some pictures?

Submissions: 0

Posted on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:10 pm

gave the shirt a break and tried full persian last night, posted a pic in the gallery earlier, ill post a pic of the euro 4-in-1 later

Submissions: 84

Posted on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:53 pm

not that new apparently. It would take me a year to get through that many 3mm

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1