New MAIL Brochure
View previous topic | View next topic >
Post new topic Reply to topic
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle
   
Author Message

Joined: March 3, 2002
Posts: 4372
Submissions: 79
Location: tres piedras, new mexico

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

MusicMan wrote:

I will look at that. Is it the color, font... What gives you that feeling?

Thanks for your feedback. I may send you your requested one page document as well as some ideas for the folded that Dave had for some more comments if you don't mind.


i think it's that it's colorful at all.. the rest of the brochure is composed of more subdued tones. there is color in the project images, but it isn't the sharp color of that front page. is there a reason you went with color? i'm not specifically opposed to it, it just looks out of place when viewed with the rest of the brochure.

"All pictures are the property of the M.A.I.L. members"
^in #2, #3 there are 2 font sizes here. #1 is fine.

with all the work you've put in on this, i'll give you feedback for as long as you're working on it. Smile


PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Joined: May 08, 2010
Posts: 1154
Submissions: 11
Location: Chesapeake, VA, USA

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue May 22, 2012 10:42 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

May I see the samples? Pretty please with whipped cream on top? Smile

Joined: December 22, 2007
Posts: 4180
Submissions: 106
Location: Hampton, Virginia USA

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue May 22, 2012 11:17 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Jax25 wrote:
May I see the samples? Pretty please with whipped cream on top? Smile

You forgot the cherry...


"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2834
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Wed May 23, 2012 2:08 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

lorraine wrote:
Jax25 wrote:
May I see the samples? Pretty please with whipped cream on top? Smile

You forgot the cherry...


>.>
<.<

POP


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Joined: April 02, 2008
Posts: 2070
Submissions: 36
Location: Lincoln, NE

Reply with quote
Posted on Wed May 23, 2012 1:42 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

sakredchao wrote:
i think it's that it's colorful at all.. the rest of the brochure is composed of more subdued tones. there is color in the project images, but it isn't the sharp color of that front page. is there a reason you went with color? i'm not specifically opposed to it, it just looks out of place when viewed with the rest of the brochure.

"All pictures are the property of the M.A.I.L. members"
^in #2, #3 there are 2 font sizes here. #1 is fine.

with all the work you've put in on this, i'll give you feedback for as long as you're working on it. Smile


I went with color for the front panel to try to catch people's eye and draw them to the brochure. I will toy with it and see what I come up with.

Thanks for catching that there were 2 font sizes in #2,3 I never noticed that before. Thanks for your sharp eyes.

Jax - as long as I get feedback I will send it to you. Very Happy


Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Joined: April 02, 2008
Posts: 2070
Submissions: 36
Location: Lincoln, NE

Reply with quote
Posted on Wed May 23, 2012 1:51 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I checked out the type issue on #2&3 and remember why I did that. It was so it would fit on the page. In #2&3 there are more pictures in the gallery so I had to put the disclaimer under the Tutorial and I couldn't fit it on the panel without changing the font size.


Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2834
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Wed May 23, 2012 2:00 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

MusicMan wrote:
sakredchao wrote:
i think it's that it's colorful at all.. the rest of the brochure is composed of more subdued tones. there is color in the project images, but it isn't the sharp color of that front page. is there a reason you went with color? i'm not specifically opposed to it, it just looks out of place when viewed with the rest of the brochure.

"All pictures are the property of the M.A.I.L. members"
^in #2, #3 there are 2 font sizes here. #1 is fine.

with all the work you've put in on this, i'll give you feedback for as long as you're working on it. Smile


I went with color for the front panel to try to catch people's eye and draw them to the brochure. I will toy with it and see what I come up with.


Would you like the RGB Values for the site Blue?


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Joined: March 3, 2002
Posts: 4372
Submissions: 79
Location: tres piedras, new mexico

Reply with quote
Posted on Wed May 23, 2012 2:32 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

MusicMan wrote:
I checked out the type issue on #2&3 and remember why I did that. It was so it would fit on the page. In #2&3 there are more pictures in the gallery so I had to put the disclaimer under the Tutorial and I couldn't fit it on the panel without changing the font size.


i saw that in the one you sent to me today, there was a line with one word on it, and the text was the same size. i'll put my thinking on it and see if i can help with a reword that uses 4 fewer characters.

Lotos idea of the site blue might be something to try. everyone loves periwinkle.


PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Joined: April 02, 2008
Posts: 2070
Submissions: 36
Location: Lincoln, NE

Reply with quote
Posted on Wed May 23, 2012 6:48 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Lotos - that would be great!


Chao - I would appreciate the help in the wording

Thanks


Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Joined: May 08, 2010
Posts: 1154
Submissions: 11
Location: Chesapeake, VA, USA

Reply with quote
Posted on Thu May 24, 2012 7:04 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

lorraine wrote:
Jax25 wrote:
May I see the samples? Pretty please with whipped cream on top? Smile

You forgot the cherry...


I didn't forget it...it's just easier to lick off whipped cream without cherries in the way. Wink

Joined: April 02, 2008
Posts: 2070
Submissions: 36
Location: Lincoln, NE

Reply with quote
Posted on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

sakredchao wrote:
i saw that in the one you sent to me today, there was a line with one word on it, and the text was the same size. i'll put my thinking on it and see if i can help with a reword that uses 4 fewer characters.


You ever come up with something better?


Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Joined: March 3, 2002
Posts: 4372
Submissions: 79
Location: tres piedras, new mexico

Reply with quote
Posted on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:44 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

been away from the comp for a few, i'll look at it this week.


PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Joined: April 02, 2008
Posts: 2070
Submissions: 36
Location: Lincoln, NE

Reply with quote
Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:06 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

No problem I was just checking. I am still looking for a more detailed armour picture.


Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
All times are GMT. The time now is Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:57 am
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle
Display posts from previous: