Submissions: 10

Posted on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:07 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I got some stuff up on the gallery now, feel free to use it ^_^

Submissions: 266

Posted on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 pm

MusicMan wrote:
Chainmailbasket_com - would it be safe to assume that pictures that were previously used in the brochure are safe to re-use without going back and getting permission? I don't want to get MAIL (or myself) in some of the sticky situations that others have gotten into for just "using" other people's pictures without permission. Who's permission would I get to use the MAIL banner picture?

All of the pictures in the current brochure are mine, except for the one on the front with the mountain, and the fivelet on the back.

As for the M.A.I.L. banner, it was Woody who put that together, back around the turn of the millennium.. He's hasn't been around here in years, so it'd be hard to get his permission. I'd say it's safe to go ahead and use it. He probably wouldn't mind. Smile

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2013-11-23)
152 + 13

Submissions: 79

Posted on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:29 am

i could probably contact woody if it were needed... he was located a couple years ago.
fwiw, i'm pretty sure anything he left, he left to MAIL.

as always, my images are free to use on MAIL projects.

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 36

Posted on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Sakredchao - would you mind trying to ask Woody? At least we can say we made an attempt, I love the graphic, but I don't want to start any fights over not at least trying to ask for permission.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Posted on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 pm

you mean the MAIL with spiral4 going into my copper basket? ^^ up there at the top of the screen?

if we were wanting to use an image he had submitted to his account it would be worthwhile to track him down.. to use the banner that he left for us on an official MAIL project where no one is making any money... is okay.

honestly, i feel like the BOD has more say over that particular image than woody does after more than a decade on the site he left completely to us. of course, woody is on the BOD if he wants to be.

i'll still do it, i guess.. but i'll try to talk you out of it first.

Posted on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:38 pm

I was thinking just about the one at the top of the screen and as long as you feel it we will be fine using the banner graphic don't worry about contacting him. Just to cover my bases I may start a thread over in the Admin Discussion just so I can point out that it was discussed if a problem does occur and that I didn't use the graphic "willy nilly" without permission.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 106

Posted on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Honestly, since we are already using the graphic as the banner on every page, and he knows that already, I would consider it as having been gifted to MAIL.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Great I will just let the issue drop than and finish up the brochure.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Submissions: 73

Posted on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:21 pm

You're welcome to use the CIR render you asked about, as well as the E4-1/Box/FP render I made for the newbie page.

A question about image sizes, do you have a minimum dimension for ensuring the pictures look good when the brochure is printed out? Most of my renders are sized to be a decent size when viewed on a screen (at 72 dpi) but would be very small when printed (at 200/300 dpi). Is there a pixel count we should stay above?

-phong

Posted on Mon May 07, 2012 3:24 pm

I almost have the brochure ready for those who said they would give thoughts. Just waiting on a couple pictures and I will send them out to you for your thoughts.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Posted on Mon May 07, 2012 4:08 pm

MusicMan wrote:
I almost have the brochure ready for those who said they would give thoughts. Just waiting on a couple pictures and I will send them out to you for your thoughts.

mememememe

i actually use the old brochure on my selling table.

Posted on Wed May 16, 2012 2:05 pm

I have finished three versions of the possibly new brochure and sent them to the two people who said they would look them over for me and give me their thoughts.

Hopefully we will soon have a new brochure for people to hand out at events.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Posted on Tue May 22, 2012 4:20 pm

my initial thought:

"If not, you are an uncultured,
ignorant, boor and we donít want you around
to gum things up for the rest of us."

i think this makes us sound like jerks.

#1 has a blank 3rd page

i like the layout of #1 best. when folded, it gives the title of the organization and the images of completed projects on the outside.

so, the way i use the brochure.. i print it out and put it in a picture frame that i put on my table when i have more space than i know what to do with. this means i only use 1 page.

the most useful columns (for me) would be the images of finished projects, the weave examples, the e4 tutorial. if these columns were on the same side it would be the most useful to me. i'm not asking you to make this, or even implying that it would make the best folded brochure.

if i had to choose a single brochure side, it would be #1.. page 2.

i would consider having a single brochure printed on nice stock and laminated, for my table. i probably can't afford to print and hand out brochures, at this point... even though that's what it is being made for.

the colorful MAIL text on the title column strikes me as out of place. when i look at just that, it's fine, but when i lean back and look at it, it doesn't match any of the rest of the brochure.

i like the completed projects in #2, #3 better than the one in #1, only because they show off more images of maille.

thanks for your work on this! hope my feedback is useful.

Posted on Tue May 22, 2012 6:30 pm

sakredchao wrote:
my initial thought:

"If not, you are an uncultured,
ignorant, boor and we donít want you around
to gum things up for the rest of us."

i think this makes us sound like jerks.

Yes, I agree. T his was something I used as a spacer to see how much room I had left and was not intended to be seen by anybody. Although I forgot to take it out so you saw it. So you know it is gone!!
sakredchao wrote:

#1 has a blank 3rd page

thanks, fixed that
sakredchao wrote:

i like the layout of #1 best. when folded, it gives the title of the organization and the images of completed projects on the outside.

so, the way i use the brochure.. i print it out and put it in a picture frame that i put on my table when i have more space than i know what to do with. this means i only use 1 page.

the most useful columns (for me) would be the images of finished projects, the weave examples, the e4 tutorial. if these columns were on the same side it would be the most useful to me. i'm not asking you to make this, or even implying that it would make the best folded brochure.

if i had to choose a single brochure side, it would be #1.. page 2.

A single sided with the requested info can be made up for you if you would like. It wouldn't take much time.
sakredchao wrote:

i would consider having a single brochure printed on nice stock and laminated, for my table. i probably can't afford to print and hand out brochures, at this point... even though that's what it is being made for.

the colorful MAIL text on the title column strikes me as out of place. when i look at just that, it's fine, but when i lean back and look at it, it doesn't match any of the rest of the brochure.

I will look at that. Is it the color, font... What gives you that feeling?
sakredchao wrote:

i like the completed projects in #2, #3 better than the one in #1, only because they show off more images of maille.

I thought that the completed projects pages on all three were all the same Confused I will have to check that out.
sakredchao wrote:

thanks for your work on this! hope my feedback is useful.

Thanks for your feedback. I may send you your requested one page document as well as some ideas for the folded that Dave had for some more comments if you don't mind.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 3. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next