New MAIL Brochure
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 36

New MAIL Brochure
Posted on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:53 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I have taken on the responsibility of re-designing and updating the MAIL brochure for you to hand out.

In order to make it something that the community will use I have a couple of questions of you.

1) What do you want on the brochure?
- general information about MAIL and maille
- tools
- definitions
- tutorials
- what else?

2) I am not the best photographer. If there are people who would be willing to allow me to use their MAIL hosted pictures in the gallery for the brochure please let me know. (I will as a matter of respect contact you via PM over the specific pictures I hope to use.) Please note that credit cannot be given for the pictures, but if your are willing to share your talents please let me know.

The current brochure can be downloaded here http://www.mailleartisans.org/downloads/ to get some ideas.

Remember this is a brochure to promote MAIL not personal sites/business. We want something that will help to build our community and through that our collective knowledge.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 266

Posted on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 am

I was going to reply to the other thread, but it somehow slipped my mind.

Anyways, I like the information that's in the original brochure, perhaps just a bit of a rewrite.

It's the pictures, especially that I think could be improved. I suppose we would need the permission of whoever's pictures get used. Any contributors?

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2013-11-23)
152 + 13

Posted on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Seeing as aprox. 70 people have viewed this thread and NO ONE has said that I can use their pictures for the brochure I will do my best to provide pictures of my own.

New Pictures and re-wording were the main reason for creating a new brochure so I will do my best to take the best pictures possible and make the M.A.I.L. brochure the best I can with the resources I have at my disposal.

If some of you wouldn't mind letting me use your pictures, I will get permission for specific pictures when I know what I will use, please let me know.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 20

Posted on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:50 pm

MusicMan wrote:
If some of you wouldn't mind letting me use your pictures, I will get permission for specific pictures when I know what I will use, please let me know.

Hmm?

Take anything of mine as you like... Credit where credit is due.

I'm affraid that won't help you much though... Since I take about as many pictures in a year or maille, as most people do in a day or two.

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 15

Posted on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:00 pm

I don't have hardly any pics currently in the gallery, but I do have a few I need to upload. When I get those uploaded if you see something you like, feel free to use them.

Submissions: 11

Posted on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:48 pm

Ditto for me. I haven't posted much but if you want to use the images, feel free. Uber

Posted on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:17 pm

thank you everyone! The brochure will be so much better with your pictures rather than mine Very Happy

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 pm

MM, you can use any pictures of mine if you want to. My pictures don't have any water marks on them and you do not need to say where they came from, other than maybe "used with permission".

I think it would be a good thing to say on the brochure that all content, including text and pictures, is protected by copyright. Copying and handing out this brochure for freein its entirely including the M.A.I.L. logo and website address is encouraged. I'm sure someone can word it better... Just make it clear that it should be free as originally produced, and that they can't take it apart and just use parts of it. Someone writing their business info on there, or stamping it on there is fine, expected in fact. Smile

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 266

Posted on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 pm

And for what it's worth, please feel free to use any of my pictures also.

Thank you for doing this.

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2013-11-23)
152 + 13

Submissions: 23

Posted on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:53 am

Ditto on using my photos. I don't have very many here on M.A.I.L., but you can use whatever you like!

Chainmailling the world one ring at a time.
Rebeca Mojica jewelry

Submissions: 87

Posted on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:15 am

I have a pretty good camera and if I made a light box I'm sure I could take some semi-pro pics of whatever you want. You are also welcome to use the hack pictures I've taken so far. CGI might be the way to go though IMO the images are a lot clearer.

Submissions: 35

Posted on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:12 am

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
And for what it's worth, please feel free to use any of my pictures also.

Thank you for doing this.

Posted on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks everybody for the use of your photos and the great suggestions.

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Submissions: 10

Posted on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:13 pm

I'd let you use mine, but I haven't gotten around to uploading them yet.... When my lazy butt finally does, you can use my stuff too ^_^

Posted on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Chainmailbasket_com - would it be safe to assume that pictures that were previously used in the brochure are safe to re-use without going back and getting permission? I don't want to get MAIL (or myself) in some of the sticky situations that others have gotten into for just "using" other people's pictures without permission. Who's permission would I get to use the MAIL banner picture?

Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 3. Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next