Question on how to post Soda Can ChainMail
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help

Submissions: 1

Question on how to post Soda Can ChainMail
Posted on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi - kind of an introduction of sorts, I've followed this site, but never posted (because it kinda took me this long to make a proper tutorial/gallery on my site). So I've been making chainmail using soda can tabs for nearing a decade now. I have 2 questions about adding to this site though.

First: I have about 18 weaves + preparation instructions, all of them varying from containing just cut tabs, tabs + rings, and a mix of both. Now would I add these as weaves? (Since some don't tech. use rings.) Or articles or as a single article (they all have picture tutorials). I'd also like to know what tags I would use for this?

Second: I know that there is a size limit of 100kb - does this just include images uploaded to M.A.I.L. or can I just have the images link somewhere else? Alternatively I could just use the LQ images and have a link to my site saying HQ images are there.

For ref. the weaves are here http://thatsalotofgiraffes.com/tabmail-2/weaves// There's a gallery page on the site as well.

I make chainmail, most of the time out of soda cans. thatsalotofgiraffes.com

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:38 pm

thank you for taking the time to share your techniques with the community.

depending on the volume of information you plan on submitting, i would suggest splitting the weaves into about 3 or so groups and present several weaves at a time, grouped by tab interaction.

it might also be worth it to write an overview on tips and hints working with the tabs themselves, as a separate article, if you are so inclined.

i like the poptab work you've done.

as to submitting them to the weave library, i would suggest starting with the tutorial articles. some of them are standard maille weaves, others may be new ones, based on nonstandard rings.. ultimately this is something for narrina to decide, but if you allow the community to have the discussion by way of a tutorial, it may help her make her decision.

as for the tagging, our helpful admins will handle all of that for you.

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:44 am

Several things:

Article Submissions are currently offline... please standby on this...

Secondly, our current article guidelines prohibit offsite image linking...
This allows us to maintain approval control over the content (IE someone sneakily changing the images to something nasty or illegal after-the-fact and keeps the same image filename) and also to prevent articles losing their images if a user were to lose their hosting, change directories, etc...
It could be days/weeks/months before errors like that were caught by our admins...

Perhaps, in the meanwhile, start a forum thread and see what sort of responses you get Smile

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1