tutorial pictures
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 0

tutorial pictures
Posted on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:29 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

In the weave tutorials, what programs are used to generate the CGI pictures?

sounds tasty

Submissions: 106

Posted on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:59 am

They are not all the same. It depends on what the submitter had access to and knew how to use at the time. POV-Ray, Blender, Daz Studio, and Maya come to mind.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 7

Posted on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:41 am

Can also tack on FreeCAD and Google SketchUp to that currently short but growing fast list.

Also if you are new to creating maille in CGI... rings are generally created with "torus" or "donut" objects... depending on the program.

while(!finished)
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 N22.20 Pn Dcdjs Xg39w1 S07

Submissions: 74

Posted on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:25 am

Mine are from 3dmax, I use Max for my day to day art and parts of my other buissness. And it is not for the passer by. Its' rather $$ for just doing tutorials, unless your paid to do them of course. I recommend the use of ether pov-ray or for the lass code say Brice 3Dcfree addition, or Carrara. All do far good rendering with little setup and training, from realistic to the more to on/cell shading that I like to use for it high contrast. All up to u what software you use. It not really about the quality here but the information you can pass using it.

We used to have a three here on what software is avalible and at what costs. But I balive it would be much out of date. Worth a look at anyhow.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1