It's Been A (Veeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyy) Long Time
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 8

It's Been A (Veeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyy) Long Time
Posted on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:19 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Wow. I can't believe I haven't been on here for so long. It's been forever since i've done any mailleing. Must rectify that and make my girlfriend's 2 year overdue birthday present. I never could decide on a design for it. Maybe looking around the site will inspire me again.
How are all the old hands? Did anyone ever find Charles and get their money back? Anything else I missed?
Hopefully this won't be the last you'll see of me.

Siege

[Edit]
Just remembered something that might interest people. Roughly two months ago, after wearing it for over 5 years with zero problems (apart from the odd goatee hair getting snagged in it), I somehow managed to rip off my HP 4-1 1.5mm Titanium necklace in my sleep. Not by accident either...I clearly remember being in some sort of lucid state and physically pulling on it until the rings gave way. Not a scratch on my neck either. Woke up with a bed full of wonky rings. I was shocked. Figure That one out...

John Lennon once sang a song where he imagined a world with no religion at all, and how all the people would be living life in peace, which sounds like a pretty terrific philosophy to follow - but then again, John Lennon also sang a song about how he was an eggman and a walrus goo goo g'joob, so i'm not sure he was always 100 per cent reliable.

Submissions: 150

Posted on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Hey WELCOME BACK - hope to see you strolling around here more frequently now, again. You left around the time when I just had signed up for MAIL. And I remember having read a fair amount of your posts back then, when browsing the forum for information (that wiggling monobike logo is a distinctive marker) - I guess I learned a bit from your posts...

About your Ti necklace: You did not only rip it apart into one not more closed chain, but into several fragments? How that? That must have been a very strange dream, if you remember at least partially.

And last but not least your signature: John Lennon seems to have been reliable enough, to be shot for... Crying (very sad)

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper Mfe.s Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Pj Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hi

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Submissions: 95

Posted on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Welcome back, Siege!!!

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Deviant Art
Handmaden Designs LLC Facebook
Handmade Artists Shop
https://twitter.com/HandmadenDesign
http://pinterest.com/handmadendesign/
http://handmadendesigns.com

Submissions: 294

Posted on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:24 am

Hey mate long time no hear. Nice to see you here again Smile

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 8

Posted on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:40 am

Thanks guys.
@ZiLi I ended up with one piece of chain and 5 or 6 rings bent out of shape. Still haven't gotten around to reattaching it either. I remember it being particularly difficult trying to do it backwards in the mirror without stabbing myself in the throat.

Siege

John Lennon once sang a song where he imagined a world with no religion at all, and how all the people would be living life in peace, which sounds like a pretty terrific philosophy to follow - but then again, John Lennon also sang a song about how he was an eggman and a walrus goo goo g'joob, so i'm not sure he was always 100 per cent reliable.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1