iPhone chainmaille app comments
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

iPhone chainmaille app comments
Posted on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:06 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I didn't want to hijack the thread of the person who was seeking input on an Android maille app - so, in case anyone is interested...

The iPhone app is called iChainMaille. According to the author, it "is an iPhone/iPod touch app that calculates your ideal Wire Ring Aspect Ratios for your ring choices! Choose between the American Wire Standard and Standard Wire Gauge size rings. Calculate using Inches or millimeters for inside ring diameters. " There are pictures in iTunes if you want to see what it looks like.

It was renamed from "Jewler's Almanac". There are no pictures of weaves and no tutorials. I bought it, mistaking it for an iPad app (you can make an iPhone app bigger on an iPad but it often makes thing blurry - I've learned that when iTunes says compatible, that may not mean iPad sized screens and to investigate further). It does calculate as described, and for .99 can't really complain.

Note: if an admin thinks this belongs in a better topic, please carry on and move it

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:42 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I have this App, and I use it mostly to find the AR. I do like that you can add weaves to the weave section, but I think it needs a place to add notes to the weaves. Other than that, it's a great App.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1