Searching problem
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help

Submissions: 0

Searching problem
Posted on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:54 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I did a search for the weave 'Ravensara' and got no results. But when I searched the web for the weave 'Ravensara' it gave me the address for the entry here on this site. So my question is why didn't it come up on my inital search? Thanks for the help.

Submissions: 20

Re: Searching problem
Posted on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:11 am

Larka wrote:
I did a search for the weave 'Ravensara' and got no results. But when I searched the web for the weave 'Ravensara' it gave me the address for the entry here on this site. So my question is why didn't it come up on my inital search? Thanks for the help.

None of the 'new' weaves show up in the Search function... That is, anything added since I updated the Weave DB

I've posted about this before, and it's due to the DB the search function indexes...

It will be fixed, eventually... But it's just another reason for the BETA tag at the top of the Weave Library section.

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 16

Posted on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:29 am

Ignore Daemon_Lotos, he's just trying to mislead you.

The real reason is that it's an admin conspiracy, and they're all in cahoots with the moon men and martian spies from Area 51 trying to mess with your head enough to get you to take off your tinfoil hat so they can obtain direct mind control. Or at least that's what they tried to do to me, but I'm too smart for them, I only search for weaves that have descriptive names like European 4 in 1 or Gridlock, none of this fancy name hooey that just makes everyone confused so they can't find the weave and end up taking their foil hats off.

Maille Code V2.0 T5.9 R5.1 En.o Fcir MFe.s Wgm$ Cab$w G0.2-2.0 I1.2-14.1 N(many).~25 Pdjs Dacdejst Xg(many)t1w5 S03
deviantArt

Posted on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:31 am

CShake wrote:
Ignore Daemon_Lotos, he's just trying to mislead you.

The real reason is that it's an admin conspiracy, and they're all in cahoots with the moon men and martian spies from Area 51 trying to mess with your head enough to get you to take off your tinfoil hat so they can obtain direct mind control. Or at least that's what they tried to do to me, but I'm too smart for them, I only search for weaves that have descriptive names like European 4 in 1 or Gridlock, none of this fancy name hooey that just makes everyone confused so they can't find the weave and end up taking their foil hats off.

Play nice.
Let's not dig THAT up again.

Useful Links

Posted on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:37 pm

I knew it! I knew it. Let your guard down just once and bam they have you. You're addicted to chainmaille and always 'searching' for a new fix.

Submissions: 294

Posted on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Yes cause trying to remember and find a weave with a name like 'Half Persian 3 Sheet 5 in 1, variant 2, alternating' for example, is soooo much easier.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 73

Posted on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Legba3 wrote:
Yes cause trying to remember and find a weave with a name like 'Half Persian 3 Sheet 5 in 1, variant 2, alternating' for example, is soooo much easier.

Do let's not bicker, please.

</adminhat>

Another problem with the search is, IIRC it only searches the name field, not the description field. At any rate, many things to be fixed with the search function at DL's leisure.

-phong

Posted on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Legba3 wrote:

I do recall requesting that this not be dug up again.
That goes for both side of the debate, not just the one...
Sorry Legba, but you could have just let that go.

Phong wrote:
Another problem with the search is, IIRC it only searches the name field, not the description field. At any rate, many things to be fixed with the search function at DL's leisure.

Yes, the planned search will index more, be faster, etc...
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound... Coif LoL

Useful Links

Posted on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:50 am

shoulda woulda coulda Razz

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Posted on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:04 pm

hmm, did I mistakenly open a can of worms? My apology if I did.

Posted on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Larka wrote:

No you didn't Smile

Maille Code

Submissions: 16

Posted on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Larka wrote:

Nope, I just saw this thread whilst my BAC was > 0.0 and decided to make what was intended to be a humorous post about a supposed admin conspiracy, but took it too far when I added an actual aspect of a previous debate, and quite frankly expected my post to be removed or edited since it was out of place and in the wrong forum anyway. But instead it was left and someone who was also part of that previous debate thought it was open season instead of being the sober counterpart and leaving it alone, as two others have.

tl;dr - I started it, but backed away when asked, then someone else poked the embers.

Sorry for my part, that last sentence was uncalled for and a bad idea in retrospect. After learning from completely unrelated issues, DL quoted the post in its entirety so I couldn't go back and change it without people knowing the original.

Maille Code V2.0 T5.9 R5.1 En.o Fcir MFe.s Wgm$ Cab$w G0.2-2.0 I1.2-14.1 N(many).~25 Pdjs Dacdejst Xg(many)t1w5 S03
deviantArt

Posted on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:59 am

Aaaand... We're done here.

Timeout, all of you.

Useful Links

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1