Newbie Introduction & Induction (Part the 2nd)
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Hi!
Posted on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hey guys! I'm Ves. I've been making chainmaille for about 3 years, and haven't exhausted the artistic possibilities of the simplest weaves. But when I get bored with queens chains and E4-1, I usually find myself on this site for inspiration. It's good to be here!

Submissions: 1

"hello world."
Posted on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Paul, I am 18 and I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Smile
No job yet, starting college soon...
I am only recently getting into maille but so far I love it. So far, I have made several 4"x4" sheets of various patterns[4-1/6-1/8-1/dragonscale](to see if I could/because it's fun). I haven't started any wearable items yet, but soon

I love the idea of turning wire into rings into really cool mother____ing chainmaille!! Coif Cool Smiley It's like cooking, what with the ingredients, and the combining, and the patience, and the having an end result

I love electronic music such as house and dubstep, I love playing video games and I really love cooking.
But, dare I say it.... [No, you dare not... Drug Abuse Reference Removed -DL]

I also like to just chat and whatnot, speculate about things, etc. so let's talk!

I have a thing with starting something and not finishing it, so that sucks as well.

uhh...
something, something....
...yer mother.

Simoan
Posted on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:32 pm

My name is Simoan. I am kind of new to Maille. I have made a few little items. All Jewelry. I focus more on Glass fusing and resin molds. I wanted a new twist to my pieces so I am trying maille. So yup, that is me... Smile

Posted on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:34 am

Hello everyone,
After many years of being gone, I am back. Many of you may remember me as armour6000 and the DOS coif crown calculation program I wrote (please don't ask for a copy, as it will not function unless you are using DOS 6.2).

I had to stop working with armour because of medical injuries. My doctor says I can get back into it if I take it easy. My new handle is stilgar the great. Playing homage to my viking roots.

End transmission...

Projects: Design, build, use, modify, recycle, tweak, lather, rinse, repeat

Hey all :)
Posted on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Hey my name is Linda, I'm new here, also somewhat new to mailling. I have done a little over ten weaves so far, my favorite being Dragonscale. Most of the weaves I've learned so far, I learned from written instructions, with the exception of a Persian GSG, which I learned in a class taught by Marilyn Gardener. My favorite piece so far was my first project, which was a gypsy cuff earring (I made a pair, but it looks better wearing only one).
I'm hoping to one day have a business doing chainmaille Smile
I have an idea for my first big project, and doing a little research led me here Smile so here I am Smile

Submissions: 10

Posted on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Hey, I'm Zeph. I've been mailling for about three or four months, becoming hopelessly addicted over that time! Laughing

I usually craft pieces of jewelry, mostly bracelets. Thanks to this site, I found out how to make my own GSG7 stretchy bracelet a la ZiLi.

Aaaaaaaand.....

I don't know, I'm bad at introductions. Rolling Eyes

Back to the maille room!

Submissions: 16

Posted on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:56 pm

@Zeph
Congrats ^^ every time I try Strechy a la ZiLi, I get frustrated with it and it tends to end up on the far end of the table ^^ did you consider to show your accomplishment in the contest? Newbies welcome Wink

Hello,
Posted on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Hello Everyone,
My Name is Andrew, I'm a business student finishing my BA and my CMA and also work as a materials technician and drafter. I am a avid martial artist and target archer, and I have an appetite for constantly for learning and travel. I relax by playing chess, going for a run, building things then testing there strength limits and when I get the chance playing a little airsoft.

I can't say I'm done a lot of work with mail in my time but I found it quite interesting when working on it with my past room mate. Recent projects have brought the need to figure out innovative solutions to new problems some of which I think old word techniques can solve, so I'm here to learn and in time contribute what I know to others. I hope I can learn much from you all and assist when the need arises.

Posted on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Hello all!

I'm Dave, and I've been making maille on and off for 5 years now, mostly armour of one sort or the other (being a larper and a reenactor is a great excuse to make stuff....), and I've finally decided to cease hiding and join a forum....

*retreats rapidly back into the darkened corners to lurk...

"Wait, what happens if we....."

Intro of self
Posted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:59 am

Salut

Okay so I've been hangin round these forums for like a year, but now that I've made a couple things and I've been taking baby steps in my maille submersion. . . currently obsessing about a tumbler . . . I figured WTH, I'll say whassup.

I saw a maille bikini at the Ren. Faire here in WI a few years ago. I thought "Hmm that's cool. If only it were plate, now that would be hot!" Must be the historian/metal fetishist/exWoW player in me...

So my gramma died a couple years ago and in her (otherwise fine) jewelry passed to my mother and I, I found some crudely made "rings" of steel, vaguely woven into .... something. I was curious and begun researching maille. I bought a few books, found this site and my addictive personality has me on at 4:45 a.m. But still, I thank gramma for one last inspiration.

My fav. medium is niobium. It's a very masculine, understated but sexy metal. Hypoallergenic, so I can trust it for friends, and hopefully eventual customers. Otherwise, I like to play with aluminum and silver varieties. Gold is over-rated imho. I'm not a fan of yellow, but if brass could defy physics, I'd give it a go.

Family/friends/lovers/coworkers alike are all fascinated by things I show them, and everyone here has been an amazing source of knowledge. I find a nobility in the open sharing of knowledge and ideas here. *

Thank you all, especially those like zili, lorraine (goddess among women!) and mithrilweaver (whose babies I want to have) for kicking so much a$$ that I finally had to hop on here to rant silently into nowhere...

Harmony Brooke

*On that note, I must say how refreshing to find a group established in their talents, not greedily shouting "MINE!" when another artist is similarly inspired. What a shame it would be for "one-hit wonders", as it were, to ruin the open exhange of ideas out of their own fear that someone may do it better... I may be flayed for that, but Im the type that can't help but take a stand, plus Im not so sure ppl will bother to read this anyway Razz

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:54 pm

I read everything that pops on the forum Ladyh. I'm sure a lot of people do. admittedly most of the time it goes in one of my ears and out the other.

Submissions: 106

Re: Intro of self
Posted on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:20 am

ladyh wrote:
*On that note, I must say how refreshing to find a group established in their talents, not greedily shouting "MINE!" when another artist is similarly inspired. What a shame it would be for "one-hit wonders", as it were, to ruin the open exhange of ideas out of their own fear that someone may do it better... I may be flayed for that, but Im the type that can't help but take a stand, plus Im not so sure ppl will bother to read this anyway Razz

*makes note of your subversive comment and puts you on the "watch list"* YOU ARE BEING WATCHED! Very Happy
I'm only kidding. This comment made me giggle. Razz

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 150

Posted on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:05 am

...and on my personal WITCHLIST (no typo), is always a free space for you... Laughing

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper Mfe.s Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Pj Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hi

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Submissions: 11

Posted on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:24 pm

ZiLi wrote:
...and on my personal WITCHLIST (no typo), is always a free space for you... Laughing

-ZiLi-

"Witch" (hehe) one? Lorraine or Ladyh? Razz

Submissions: 150

Posted on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Jax25 wrote:
ZiLi wrote:

-ZiLi-

"Witch" (hehe) one? Lorraine or Ladyh? Razz

There's always free space enough to hold two of them... <bg>

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper Mfe.s Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Pj Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hi

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Jump to:  
Page 22 of 67. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 65, 66, 67  Next