Need some feedback on a new ring
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Wire Arts

Submissions: 2

Need some feedback on a new ring
Posted on Tue May 11, 2010 7:50 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Would like some opinions on this ring that I made recently. I'm working on two more currently.

Mousie
Wire Artisans are a little twisted!

Submissions: 9

Posted on Tue May 11, 2010 9:36 pm

I think it's nicely made. I'm not into big rings, but I know what kind of creativity and effort went into making it and I think the craftmanship is lovely. I can't make rings very well out of wire, so I'm in awe of your ring!

Posted on Tue May 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Thank you very much! It's been an absolute bear trying to get any feedback on it from the sites I usually go to for this kind of stuff. But I remembered that I got lots of helpful feedback on other wire works that I've done here, and decided to give it a go. I had always wanted to make rings in this style, and did several practice runs at rings in general before I dove into this. Now I'm trying to see if this was a fluke or something I can keep doing.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Wed May 12, 2010 4:44 pm

not recently, but at one time, I've done quite a bit of this style of free form wire work, and IMO you've got the knack....it's not only skill, keeping your wire clean, not marking it up, but an eye for aesthetics, the lines, creativity.....looks very nice.

Kodiak-

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong". -H.L. Menken
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." -Dorothy Parker
Chaincraft Mandrels

Submissions: 294

Posted on Thu May 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Awesome! I love the twisty silver wire ball bit.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Posted on Thu May 13, 2010 6:15 pm

kodiak wrote:
not recently, but at one time, I've done quite a bit of this style of free form wire work, and IMO you've got the knack....it's not only skill, keeping your wire clean, not marking it up, but an eye for aesthetics, the lines, creativity.....looks very nice.

Kodiak-

Thank you. I just hope my second one turns out this nicely. So far it looks like it might turn out that way, but you never know with wire.

Posted on Thu May 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Legba3 wrote:
Awesome! I love the twisty silver wire ball bit.

LOL! You're not the only one. This ring goes to my Mom (she's one of my guinea pigs for test jewelry) and she loved it also.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:05 pm

I think your ring is very beautiful. I know how much time and effort this took you because I too make these. Mine are fairly big and pretty bold. I have sold a few but will have to downsize the specifics on the ring so I cater to more customers who like more delicate rings.

Not to hijack your thread but I just wanted to show you mine.

Diesel

Submissions: 1

Posted on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Both are very, very cool. While I couldn't wear them, I am blown away by the look of the wraps. I'm going to have to figure out how to do some of that! Very Happy

Posted on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Diesel wrote:
I think your ring is very beautiful. I know how much time and effort this took you because I too make these. Mine are fairly big and pretty bold. I have sold a few but will have to downsize the specifics on the ring so I cater to more customers who like more delicate rings.

Not to hijack your thread but I just wanted to show you mine.

Diesel

I love your rings! Are you on DA also? Not to worry about any hijacking of boards from me. I'm of the mentality that once I've done my posting the only thing that belongs to me are any posts I do from there. Very Happy

Posted on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 pm

And before I forget!! Here is the other ring I was working on last time.

It's a crappy photo, but hopefully I can take a better one at some point.

Submissions: 4

Posted on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:36 am

I, on the other hand, have tried to make rings once; but gave up after several bad attempts. After seeing these, i have a sparked interest to return to ring making. thank you for your inspiration.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:56 pm

I think they are just beautiful! I have just started to do wirework and can only hope I will be able to eventually do such great work. How long did it take you do do each ring?

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1