Admin FAQ
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 93

Admin FAQ
Posted on Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:16 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

After dealing with this most recent influx of new admins, I have recognized the necessity of a FAQ for maillers. Therefore, all admins will now find that the Mailler's FAQ now has a 'M.A.I.L. Admins' section that only shows up for admins.

I have populated it with some basic infor, but I would very much like it if some of you veteran Admins would review/repair/add to what's there...

As for you newbies, have a look and tell me if it helps!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 27

Posted on Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:39 am

I always have trouble finding this FAQ you speak of Blaise - the onle one that is vaguely accessible is the one for the phbb faq.

Also, when you click on What's Maille? (In my attempt to fid the fabled faq), it resizes your main browser window, instead of either opening a new window at the smaller size, or opening in the existing browser window and remaining at the same size. This ought to be a pretty simple HTML link attributes change (can't remember the specific tags at the moment, because I'm rather tired.)
In assition, About Us doesn't have any header at all, so you've got to hit back to get outta it basically - that could do with a similar treatment to the What's Maille thing.

Sorry to lump things :p

I'm having a ball in NZ btw everyone!

Love,
Raz

Time is your enemy,
Time is your friend,
Time is the mystery,
Time is the end.

We are the Queen of Typographical Errors! You must all bow to Our Ineptitude!

"How the hell is a person supposed to take over a plane with a pair of pliers? *grabs pilot and holds pliers to neck* 'Take the plane to wherever I say or I pinch the pilot, I MEAN IT!!'"

Posted on Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:19 pm

It's in the header bar for every page of the website that *isn't* the bulletin board. Also, if you look at the top of the phpBB FAQ, I hacked it a couple of years ago to have a link to the site "aboutus" page, which also has a link to the maille FAQ. If and when any of our php coders comes back, I'm going to try to get them to also link the mailler's FAQ on the board...

I'll look into the resize thing...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

George Bernard Shaw

Posted on Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:34 pm

The resize thing is some kind of wacky javascript bug. On Mozilla, 80% of the time the link opens a new page, 20% it resizes the current one. On IE it's more like 50-50.

Any Javascript experts out there who can explain this?

George Bernard Shaw

Submissions: 27

Posted on Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:57 am

Why is it even a Javascript link in the first place? Why make it harder than it needs to be?

Time is your enemy,
Time is your friend,
Time is the mystery,
Time is the end.

We are the Queen of Typographical Errors! You must all bow to Our Ineptitude!

"How the hell is a person supposed to take over a plane with a pair of pliers? *grabs pilot and holds pliers to neck* 'Take the plane to wherever I say or I pinch the pilot, I MEAN IT!!'"

Posted on Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:13 pm

Don't look at me, I just work here...

George Bernard Shaw

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1