Should the dragon w/ red inlay stay?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Should the Dragon w/ Red Pentagram inlay stay?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Other (explain w/ a post)
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Submissions: 45

Should the dragon w/ red inlay stay?
Posted on Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:14 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I hate doing polls like this one. Normally I would make a judgement call and act, but in this case, I thought I would ask everybody on MAIL, since you guys should have a say in it, too.

The question stems from Maxum X's recently submitted inlay, the dragon w/ red pentagram (look in the articles section). I find it questionable, since it uses about 20 colors, including many shades of yellow and green. Maillers don't have access to that many shades of yellow and green. So is anybody ever going to use this inlay?

Shall I take it down, or leave it, or...?

Thanks for the input!

Submissions: 6

Posted on Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:57 pm

I'm not sure why it should be removed, unless drive space is an issue.
There are many weaves on this web site that I wouldn't try, this would just be one of the most extreme examples.
But on the other hand, maybe it belongs in the Gallery section, because it really isn't an article about how to do an inlay, its really just an inlay pattern. So then, maybe some other articles belong in the gallery section too, but that just the opinion of a fringe member of M.A.I.L.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:17 pm

I would say yes, as long as he provided a more simplified version of the peice (less colors).

Submissions: 35

Posted on Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:27 pm

It would be useful if it was left up. Although not many maillers can get that range of colors, having all of those shades would allow maillers to pick and choose which colors they would "change up" should they choose to do this inlay.

Looking at it, I would probably forego the differing shades of red for the most bold red in the inlay. I might still use 4 or 5 shades of green -- but the shades I pick would probably be different from another mailler. Same for the yellows. The gray in the inlay I might take out and use an orange or something to give the dragon the effect of an aura or something to that extent.

Submissions: 5

Posted on Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:56 am

I agree, I thought it was really cool when I saw it, and automatically started thinking of what colors I would be replacing if I decided to make it.That and I'm sure those of us who get anodized rings from the un-named source will end up with enough off-colored rings to make it exactly as is should we so choose... If nothing else, its a good inspiration peice.

Its amazing how often genius and insanity coincide, and it just so happens I've been call both...

Submissions: 62

Posted on Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:27 pm

is Chimmnyduck can use many colors maybe someone else will find a way toget colors to do this maybe in other colors?
i say jsut leave it up for posterity

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Submissions: 74

Posted on Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:56 am

Well i gess it time for my two cents here..hehe

I got to reading you sugestions on the "colors used" multiple shading of green, red, grey and, yellow. Note: the origanal pic had over 3000 colors which i got most out. but still a grate amount dose still linger. I can edit it down but i wold like to leave it as is. The hole piont of butting it up was to see if i could be made since i don't havet the time to ingadge in somthing new right now. i thought some of you might find the time to do so. if you like it that is. (a idea on how to over come the color problem..use plastic wire i've done this in the past wokrs good and is light weight. s/n/add)

I gess all i realy have to say IS DO WHAT YOU WILL OF IT

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 45

Posted on Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:26 pm

3000? yeesh, well it's certainly better now...

Anyway, I think a lot of good points have been made -- it's certainly better for people to have access to it, even if they have to change/alter it, than to have no access to it. So I'll leave it up.

Thanks, everybody Very Happy

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1