little big planet - maille tutorial in a video game
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 79

Posted on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:09 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

i usually do it when i am trying to close small AR 16ga 3/4 hard stainless in a tight place.

i use 1/2 hard stainless now and beat myself up much less.

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 16

Posted on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Oh, there was one time, I only had my jewellers saw for a couple of days and wasn't looking for safety (business as usual) and the blade broke, I stabbed myself in an finger and it went through all the way.... didn't hurt, but the pulling out was hell (especially because I'm afraid of needles... now picture that fear with a sawblade).

Submissions: 11

Posted on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Ouchouchouch!! I think you win, kleriker. Very Happy

I've had many slips and stabs...again, back when I was using needle nose. Hence why I don't use them any more. Razz I've also had a couple of wire whips. Those smarted!

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:42 am

Death by maille brings to mind metal fumes for me. Now most kids are.probably not gonna anneal anything right away, or maybe.even ever, and kids probably shouldnt anneal period, but it might be a good thing to include in your level a blurb for those who decide to, or are mature enough to maille without supervision but may not know better that they can kill themselves.easier than they know.

-The Mighty Ramtide

Submissions: 16

Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

Ramtide wrote:
Death by maille brings to mind metal fumes for me. Now most kids are.probably not gonna anneal anything right away, or maybe.even ever, and kids probably shouldnt anneal period, but it might be a good thing to include in your level a blurb for those who decide to, or are mature enough to maille without supervision but may not know better that they can kill themselves.easier than they know.

Or fumes at all - there are a few normal chemicals you can use to clean. The fumes can be a health risk (a few days ago I used vinnegar to clean copper - pretty basic but it was a big piece, so a lot of vinnegar and a lot of fumes).
Good idea to add this risk.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 pm

Chemicals are a good one too! Figure maybe even stuff on chemical burns could be prudent, or how to nwutralize acids and bases could be good. Maybe the sack cloth guy could get burned up in a forge, or smashed <robhalford>BETWEEN THE HAMMER AND THE ANVIL</robhalford>.

-The Mighty Ramtide

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2