Weave Theory Discussions on the Forums
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 95

Posted on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 pm || Last edited by Nárrína on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

MusicMan wrote:
I am working on understanding and identifying the new mage category. If I am understanding this correctly Alternating Allure Sheet would be an example of this mage category. Correct?

Actually no, Alternating Allure Sheet, like both Allure Sheet and Allure, is structurally based on mobius, but is also related to Elfweave.

Mage is a family that has an NE connection that mimics the behavior of a European weave. The Mage family presently consists of:

Magemaille (the "head" of the Mage family)
Silesia Superior (variant)
Latasti (variant; Mage-Persian hybrid)
Latasti Sheet (variant; Mage-Persian hybrid)
Magus weave (sub-family)
Magus Chain (variant)
Magus Apprentice (variant)
Magus Hexastaff (variant)
Magus Staff (variant)

(Edit: upon further examination, yes, Alternating Allure Sheet, Allure, and Allure Sheet are Mage/mobius weaves, but are closely related to a couple of European weave groupings.)

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Deviant Art
Handmaden Designs LLC Facebook
Handmade Artists Shop
https://twitter.com/HandmadenDesign
http://pinterest.com/handmadendesign/
http://handmadendesigns.com

Submissions: 36

Posted on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks Narrina I will have to study this to get a better idea of this. Thanks again for helping me understand this better.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 2

Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 11:15 am

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread or if the newbie is out of place here, but Id like to make a humble suggestion regarding weave classification and ring interactions.

In the weaves library I notice that you already have weaves organized by characteristics like their families (euro, jp, persian, etc.) or how they expand, (1, 2, 3axes), or even on ring interactions (orbital, captive, mobius, etc.). Some of these categories' meanings become apparent just by making chain. some though are more elusive. captives are one thing to grasp, but whats a mage? Besides a spell caster.

The library being what it is, organized as is, works sensibly. As far as I can tell the characteristics tagged are present. but the different characteristics need to be elaborated upon and put in a nice central place for easy reference. What those definitions may be, I leave to those more practiced than I. Such a document could be a great advantage for us all. Laughing

Submissions: 7

Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 am

Ramtide wrote:
The library being what it is, organized as is, works sensibly. As far as I can tell the characteristics tagged are present. but the different characteristics need to be elaborated upon and put in a nice central place for easy reference. What those definitions may be, I leave to those more practiced than I. Such a document could be a great advantage for us all. Laughing

Check out this tread.

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 N22.20 Pn Dcdjs Xg39w1 S07

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2