Introduction & expanding fighter help
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 1

Posted on Wed May 16, 2012 5:25 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

So John, what luck on helmets? Thunderbolt, are you seeking a helmet too?

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat May 19, 2012 4:33 am

Sorry for not posting sooner but I was out of wi-fi reception for a while. I've kind of mixed the 45 pattern with the Baker pattern; adding some expansions in the back ect and so far it feels pretty nice. This is my first attempt at a hauberk in galvi steel and when eventually I make my SS hauberk I'll take the lessons learned and hopefully make a great fighting shirt. I am indeed fighting as a 9th-10th century Viking, axe/sword and round shield, and the chain is gonna be awesome.

I thought that 60" would be way too much. I'm using the unstreched measurement figures but should try the partial stretch numbers too? Which would give a more acurate count? 54" should give plenty of unstreched play and my gambi is about 1" thick. I could probably stand to lose a couple LB's but I've always been a wide dude which sucks because making armor takes 1/3 more material and in chain I'm finding it's more like 50% more. Oh to be a normal 180 lb guy but then I'd probably really get the crud kicked out of me because at 5'11/228lbs I'm still the smallest guy in our group.

I've been fighting for years but my helmet is still fairly new. I do have aspirations and ideas for a new one but for now my head is safe and it's my torso that what needs better protection.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue May 22, 2012 4:10 pm

PM sent.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2