NEED HELP DESPERATE
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 0

NEED HELP DESPERATE
Posted on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

im trying to figure out how to connect two strand of half persian 3-1 together side by side to make a two row sheet. i was unaware that there was a way to weave the sheet once you have your first row since i was just assuming that like most weaves you can just connect strands together, but i have been searching for the past hour or so trying to figure out how to connect the two and i cant find anything.

i have two single strands of half persian 3-1 that are 12 inches long apiece. i want to connect them so that it remains 12 inches long but is wider than the single strands, if that makes sense.

PLEASE!
somebody help me

Submissions: 291

Posted on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 am

this is going to be hard to describe in words. it may be easier for you to look at Half Persian 3 Sheet 6 in 1. you need to line up both strands side by side with one having the the thin side up and the other having the thick side up. i'm pretty sure both strands need to be the constructed the same handed. persian 3 in 1 can be made right or left handed. if you didn't make the strands the same, i don't think they will weave together. also, half persian 3 in 1 sheet 6 requires a higher a.r. than half persian 3 in 1. so, if you didn't use a big enough inside diameter, they won't weave together. the rings you will be using to weave the strands together will be going around 6 other rings and it will be incredibly hard to get your pliers in to close your rings if your using the minimum a.r. for the rings. you'll start on one side going around 3 rings just like you would if you were continuing a sheet. then, you'll bring the other strand close and go around 3 rings on that strand. close the ring and continue weaving rings in until you have weaved both strands together.

Submissions: 10

Posted on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:24 pm

best persian TUT's i have seen....

http://cgmaille.com/tutorials/joinhp3-1.shtml

Submissions: 73

Posted on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:00 pm

phycowelder wrote:
best persian TUT's i have seen....

http://cgmaille.com/tutorials/joinhp3-1.shtml

While that is true, that's not quite what the OP was asking for. Wink That tut is to join two HP3-1 chains end-to-end; nfrees221 wants to attach them lengthwise, top-to-bottom. mithrilweaver is correct that the most straightforward way is to join them to make HP3-1S6. It will be tight, especially if lowish AR's were used.

If you don't mind disassembling one of the strands (or simply not using one of the strands) it might be just as easy to build the additional rows onto one of the existing strands, rather than trying to connect both strands.

-phong

Submissions: 10

Posted on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:19 pm

If you are aiming to join two HP3-1 of the same handedness, you will need to join them like a zipper. You'll add 1 ring at one end of one of the chains, then add a ring through the same end but on the opposite side of the other chain AND through the ring you added to the first chain. Continue up the chains, switching chains with every ring. Depending on the AR used, this still may be a major pain, but I've found it easier to connect HP3-1 strands in this manner than any other.

IGP (Irregular Grid Painter) Links:
Home | FAQ | Downloads

Submissions: 81

Posted on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:27 am

I've done it as tight as an AR 5.4 but it was one of the more challenging things I've ever done. I'd say take the strands you have connect them and make it thick enough for a belt.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:23 pm

I usualy start with E4in1 and transform the outer rings into the HP3in1.

the image is a little crapy and of corse the SD card for my camera is on walk about.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v297/losthelm/consignment/?action=view&current=DSCN0058.jpg

Submissions: 73

Posted on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:57 pm

losthelm wrote:
I usualy start with E4in1 and transform the outer rings into the HP3in1.

the image is a little crapy and of corse the SD card for my camera is on walk about.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v297/losthelm/consignment/?action=view&current=DSCN0058.jpg

That's actually E6-1 on the edges, not HP3-1.

-phong

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1