Chainmaille Aspect Ration App for Android
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Chainmaille Aspect Ration App for Android
Posted on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:11 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hello,

I would like to make everyone aware that I have created an App for persons with Android Smart Phones. The app is called Chainmaille AR, and is in the App Store for FREE.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.urappz.ChainMailleAR

Before anyone flames me, I did get permission to post here first. This app is simple in that is will allow you to determine aspect ration for AWG and SWG with both metric and standard mandrels. I do have a reverse aspect ratio calculator but it only produces the mandrel size in metric at this time.

I have a link page that is still being worked on but will eventually provide links to great websites like M.A.I.L and other resources.

I welcome suggestions, but please keep in mind, this is free and not my full time job, but I would like to make it as nice as I can.

The app is supported by ads, they are small in size, they do not obstruct anything in the app, and there is never any requirement to click on any of them if you never desire to do so. However if you do see something of interest, the support would be appreciated. 1 cent at a time over time can add up. LOL

Lastly, please do not make the forum here the location for support. M.A.I.L is nice enough to let me put this out there and share it with everyone, but we do not need to take up their bandwidth and disk space in return. They will allow light questions and discussion, but not full out support. I will be adding that to my website as I have time to bring it online.

Thanks to all.

BB

Revmagi

Posted on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:25 pm

how about one for a pc? i dont have a Android Smart Phone or ipad iphone i have a dumb phone i make calls on and thats all i want that thing to do.

yippie ki-yay

Submissions: 296

Posted on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 pm

wow. thanks. this will come in handy.

Submissions: 20

Posted on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:02 am

bikerjohn wrote:
how about one for a pc? i dont have a Android Smart Phone or ipad iphone i have a dumb phone i make calls on and thats all i want that thing to do.

There's a couple of choices in the Downloads section of the site...

Some of them use older VB Runtimes, and YMMV...

I've actually got one that's Windows 7 Compatible... I keep meaning to cleanup and release to the masses... I should probably do that Coif LoL

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 15

Posted on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:35 am

aww, it's incompatible with my phone Sad I have an upgrade in about a month, so hopefully I can check it out then!

Hello
Posted on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:15 am

Hello All,

Thanks for the information and feedback. I am glad some people have been able to download it and I do hope it helps. I do want to keep working on it as time permits and make it better and possibly add more to it as well.

I built this is Flex and it is published in Air which can work on any OS with an AIR player. Let me see what I can do to possibly make a copy for desktop.

I hope to put this out on iPhone and possibly Blackberry as well.

Revmagi

Submissions: 1

Not for Tablets?
Posted on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:15 am

I logged in to try to install your app but it wouldn't because it said my device wasn't compatible.

I have a MID X6D 7" Android tablet.

Is there any other way of getting it?

David

Posted on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Hello

I will see if I can get the specs of that device. It should be compatible with most Android devices that can install adobe air.

Does the market say it is not compatible or the tablet when trying go install?

Regards

Submissions: 1

Won't download
Posted on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi,
Google's site says that my tablet is not compatible and it won't download/install. It's looking for a phone.

I tried accessing it through AndroidZoom but I couldn't download it there either.

SlateDroid has a forum for my tablet - http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/87-hsg-x5a-x6-pandawill-g11/

Thanks,
David

Submissions: 16

Posted on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Why dows it need unlimited-internet-access or the right to create/delete files? o.O

Don't want to sound psycho, but unlimited-internet-access is generaly something I don't like in an app ^^

Posted on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Hello,

That is a setting in any app that has advertising in it. There is no permissions in android for Some Internet Access:

This permission is there for pulling in Ads, as well as the ability to eventually click off to links on the link page. I am working on being able to make that dynamic from my website so I can try to keep it up to date.

Posted on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:50 pm

bikerjohn wrote:
how about one for a pc?

I use an Excel spreadsheet that I found here on the TRL forums. While it only works one way (finds the AR for a given gauge and ID), a little trial and error is all you need if you want to find anything else. It also gives the outer diameter, works for AWG and SWG gauges 4 to 25, works in inches (fractions and decimals) and millimters, and can convert between inches and millimetres. Oh, and it's a .xls file, so it should work with older versions of Excel.

Basically, I can't see the point myself in getting an app for my pc when I can use this. Maybe for my phone (when I get one on Android) for if I want to look something up while I'm out, but I rely on this for now.

Hope that helps.

Posted on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Hello,

That is a valid point to the discussion. The purpose of the app for me was to have something in my phone when I was out and about, or when working on a new design in my shop. Do not like to put to much silver through my ringanator unless I know that it is correct size.

I always have my phone, so did not see the purpose of reinventing a spreadsheet or some of the windows apps.

Submissions: 150

Posted on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Hihi - I know well why I made my 'App' from paper - one in the wallet, one at workplace, always handy.

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper Mfe.s Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Pj Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hi

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1