Submission dates
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 50

Submission dates
Posted on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Questions, questions, questions.

Is putting the submission dates on things possible?
If it is possible, is there some reason it wouldn't be preferable?
Is anyone interested in this information other than me?

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Submissions: 79

Posted on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:09 pm

i would like to see submission date and date last edited..

mostly for cronological searching of the library in 3.0, as well as "recently added & edited searching..

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 294

Posted on Mon May 10, 2010 4:26 pm

I think this would be a good idea too.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 150

Posted on Mon May 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Given there is no real problem to show a timestamp or even created+lastedit (what I would prefer), I would like to see that addition. But we should ask DL, if that's a quick hack affair or a major database action, as there are so many changes of more urgency to be made during the MAIL3 transition, that are in DL's todo list.

BTW a comment valid for forum posts as well: As not being a native English speaker/writer I often have to 'grind' my posts, to remove typos, correct grammar and so. And I have nothing against the 'last edit' time stamps there as well, but I think, the total number of edits is an unnecessary information, and would like to see it deleted. But (if possible, as I saw that on other forums) I'd find it fine if one could enter optionally, why an edit was made. Currently I often write the edit cause at the bottom of my post. I'd like it more if that could shine up directly in the edit time stamp line at the post's bottom.

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper Mfe.s Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Pj Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hi

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon May 10, 2010 10:42 pm

ZiLi wrote:
Given there is no real problem to show a timestamp or even created+lastedit (what I would prefer), I would like to see that addition. But we should ask DL, if that's a quick hack affair or a major database action, as there are so many changes of more urgency to be made during the MAIL3 transition, that are in DL's todo list.

Already added to the expanded Weave DB that I will debut when I get a free five minutes Very Happy
Submitted, Last Edited are both there Very Happy

ZiLi wrote:
BTW a comment valid for forum posts as well: As not being a native English speaker/writer I often have to 'grind' my posts, to remove typos, correct grammar and so. And I have nothing against the 'last edit' time stamps there as well, but I think, the total number of edits is an unnecessary information, and would like to see it deleted. But (if possible, as I saw that on other forums) I'd find it fine if one could enter optionally, why an edit was made. Currently I often write the edit cause at the bottom of my post. I'd like it more if that could shine up directly in the edit time stamp line at the post's bottom.

I'm not sure why it counts edits, but it does... And I wouldn't know where to start to look to change that... But I believe phpBB3 gives you the ability to say 'WHY' you edited... And if not, I could probably code it in without issue... Very Happy

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 150

Posted on Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Get a cookie Very Happy

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper Mfe.s Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Pj Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hi

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Submissions: 50

Posted on Wed May 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Yay! Smile

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1