Deirdre has resigned
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 79

Deirdre has resigned
Posted on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:49 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Deirdre has resigned. she will be sorely missed and she is always welcome if she decides to come back to MAIL.

she would rather be able to just walk away quietly, but she had some responsibilities that need to be addressed and redirected.

DruidQueen has been busy with school, and we haven't heard much from her in a couple months, but Lorraine and Zili have a pretty good handle on the gallery. (if either of you feel like you need another hand, speak up.)

the only remaining trading room mod is rygar, and he is busy with work and life in general. i will try to keep an eye on things in there, but it would be nice to delegate this off to someone else, or at least get another hand in there. i'll be leaving for 5 days next week, so another set of eyes for apr7-12 would be great.

CafePress is something else. there is money that flows through the account, and we should have a person we trust holding the keys..

my proposal is to have a MAIL design (logo?) contest (membership voting).. have the top 2 or 3 people be official designers, and pass off the designs to the person with the keys and technical know-how to put them on the merchandise in the storefront.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 73

Posted on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:29 am

Without knowing anything of the nature or magnitude of the work handling the CafePress activity, I nominate Jon Daniels for taking that over. He already handles the rest of MAIL's finances, and I can't imagine CP adding all that much more to the workload.

-phong

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:14 am

It wouldn't take much, unless things started to be added/removed from the storefront on a more frequent basis... If we had a team of designers, this could become a reality.

I'd be more than willing to volunteer myself to keep an eye on things... It's not like there's much going on currently, and once I get 3.0 out of the way, I'm really not sure what I'll do with myself (aside from ocasional bug chasing)... So if it ever does pick up, I should have time to deal.

Maybe I'd even be able to integrate the storefront into MAIL a little better, so it doesn't feel like you're visiting a different site?
Who knows...

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Posted on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:05 am

i'd rather not ask jon unless he volunteered for it.

lotos, if you're into it, i'm good with that.

Posted on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:55 pm

i need a break from MAIL. i'm turning off my pm notifications. i won't be checking into the site for a month or two. someone will need to keep an eye on the trading room. if there is a vote i'd appreciate a heads-up email or FB message, as i'll be checking that from time to time. sakredchao at yahoo. thanks.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1