Editing existing articles
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 73

Editing existing articles
Posted on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:46 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I was going through the articles database, and some of them have redundancies in the title and author lines. That is, the name of the article and 'by whoever' is in the article text, in addition to being in the usual title and author areas. See http://mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.cgi?key=72.

Would it be kosher for me to go through and remove these redundant lines (and any other errors I find), or should I leave them alone, since they've already been submitted and approved?

-phong

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:40 am

I say let sleeping dogs lie...I would imagine minor things like this will be taken care of with M.A.I.L. 3.0 anyway.

Submissions: 93

Posted on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:35 pm

I would fix that kind of stuff.

It's an obvious mistake, and makes no substantive change to the content. It's like fixing punctuation and spelling...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 45

Posted on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:28 pm

I think the reason that I approved them as is was just in case we ever changed something so that the author and title didn't appear like they do now at the top.

Yeah, crazier things have happened.

But it certainly wasn't consistent (i.e. if somebody didn't do that, I didn't add it).

Unless if you're really bored, I would recommend waiting. OR at least, compiling a list of changes for uniformity and take care of other things in the process.

For example, I'm still hoping that this 3.0 thing include a "label-like" process so that we can stick one article under more than one topic... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.--Bertrand Russell

Maille Code V2.0 T6.4 R5.4 E=o.o Fj6.2 MAl.a W$m C$b G0.5-2.6 I1.6-9.5 N20.26 Pn Dacjs Xa25g13w5 S00 CCu

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Drax wrote:
For example, I'm still hoping that this 3.0 thing include a "label-like" process so that we can stick one article under more than one topic... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Tagging Wink

Submissions: 45

Posted on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:28 pm

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Drax wrote:

Tagging Wink

Perfect! Very Happy

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.--Bertrand Russell

Maille Code V2.0 T6.4 R5.4 E=o.o Fj6.2 MAl.a W$m C$b G0.5-2.6 I1.6-9.5 N20.26 Pn Dacjs Xa25g13w5 S00 CCu

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1