Off the top of my head
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Fund Raising

Submissions: 14

Posted on Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:53 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

No. I got it: Superdome! If we could fill that up with maillers, we could take over the world... Very Happy

I'll rise, but I won't shine.

Submissions: 8

Posted on Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:53 pm

Can you imagine the assembly line we could get going with masses of maillers?! We could pass the longest chain record within an hour! Coif LoL

I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas. I just think about it.

Submissions: 8

Posted on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:21 pm

There was a thread some time ago where we were talking about taking over the National Mall in DC and turning it into a massive renaissance encampment complete with trebuchets. Sadly that thread has fallen off the bottom of the chat board. On the other hand if you?re serious about doing this you really should check out the Higgins Armory. I put a link in a previous post. They do rent out the museum for private functions. I can think of no better venue for this type of event. And not just because it?s convenient for me. Actually, there?s a place that?s even more convenient for me and might be less expensive than some of the more fanciful suggestions. They even have ?castle ruins? on the grounds. The Gibbet Hill Grill at 61 Lowell Road in Groton, Massachusetts. I tried to link a map (in hybrid mode) centered on the Gibbet Hill Grill but it didn?t go where I wanted. Google maps is great, but it does have its limits...

DQ, love the sig! I?ve modified it just a touch myself. Here?s a sample:

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a Baical Drozd Bumble Bee, the only fully automatic CO2 powered .177 BB gun in the world which just happens to load thirty, and would blow your eye clean out, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

Teehee! I so want one. I have this idea for a mod that will let it load a hopper full. Very Happy

"Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: The (New) Eclectic Dragonfly. Some of my stuff at CafePress!

Submissions: 14

Posted on Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:24 pm

HerrBGone wrote:
I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a Baical Drozd Bumble Bee, the only fully automatic CO2 powered .177 BB gun in the world which just happens to load thirty, and would blow your eye clean out, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

Yess! Very Happy

I'll rise, but I won't shine.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:38 am

If you want to attract attention and with it, funds, why don't you "sell" the event as an attempt at a world record for longest chain/biggest sculpture etc, and charge a modest entry fee? In a big venue you could bring in a fair amount of people, and you could also sell your own goods at the same time, Very Happy

What's upside outside?

<---- I'm with stupid

Join Us! http://www.deviantmetal.com/forum/

Submissions: 6

Posted on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:24 pm

I have a small amount of experience in this area, and I know a number of people who have much.

If held in Oregon I may know of a few sites.

That's assuming this idea hasn't been abandoned.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:24 pm

McCormick place in Chi-town Very Happy

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3