15%  [ 5 ]
It's not an issue
30%
 30%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 33

Submissions: 10

Posted on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:00 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hello, I'm Sir I (What my students actually call me) and I'm, like Amadeus, a M.A.I.L. addict, and would have to agree with his sentiments regarding posting Razz And, I'm also a maille addict, been really maille-ing for a month or so now, although I did have a two month stint a couple years back, but that doesn't count.

But then again, I'm not really addicted. Meh, quitting is easy, I've done it hundreds of times.

Submissions: 17

Posted on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:30 pm

M.A.I.L has turned me into the addict I am. If someone hadn't pointed me to it on DeviantArt I don't think I would have pursued it very long. And as such I now direct all maillers I find there to our beloved site to enlighten them.

In terms of maille, I'm a weave monkey. I've always loved learning in general but when I take a hobby and see that there's 600 weaves to learn, I naturally have to take a sizable stab at that. My mind is good at geometry so I've been able to pick up most weaves easily and also explain to people differences between very similar weaves that I haven't made myself, but can see in a picture. I've never been good at explaining things to other people, but in my mind what I say makes perfect sense :]

I've been mailling for about 9 months now and have worked up a knowledge of most of the weaves in the gallery, though I've only constructed about 25 distinctly different weaves (I've constructed and know how to construct many many more, but I'm counting only the ones I have made that aren't just slight variations like mobiusing something)

When I don't have a specific project in mind I tend to sit there throwing rings together searching for new weaves that could be used. so far most of the little contraptions I've done haven't been too good, and most have been orbital weaves, a largely un-tapped area.

I am an addict, and I'm on the verge of getting paid to be :]

Submissions: 11

Posted on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:09 am

Hello my name is greyson, and I'm a chainmail addict to the Nth degree. Coif LoL

Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.

You don't believe me? I'm as serious as a hemophiliac in a razor blade factory.

Submissions: 18

Posted on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:15 pm

Dartanian wrote:
I am most certainly not a maille addict or maille lunatic of any kind. It is perfectly normal to compare all experiences to weaving maille, dream about weaves, tuck your pliers in at night, cry over broken cutters, so on. I'm not the weirrd one. Its the other 6.9 billion people that inhabit our world that are weird, not us, the minority of less than 4000 followers.
Dart

(we need a smilie that has someone petting a mandrel)

Oh thank god, I'm not an addict then..
My Fiance keeps telling me it is not normal to envision the world in chainmail. I guess I can tell her she is wrong. Smile
Now I can get back to work knitting maille curtains for our new apartment... lol

Rings + Ingenuity = Art!

Submissions: 17

Posted on Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:06 am

Shadowknight wrote:

Oh thank god, I'm not an addict then..
My Fiance keeps telling me it is not normal to envision the world in chainmail. I guess I can tell her she is wrong. Smile
Now I can get back to work knitting maille curtains for our new apartment... lol

we should make the world an expanding circle chainmaille coif!

Submissions: 14

Posted on Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:16 am

Hello, my name is Elizabeth Turner, and I'm a M.A.I.L. and maille addict. I love makeing maille, playing with it, and wasting my summer days reading and posting on these forums.

I just got a great idea - We make balls on a scaled down size and do a model of the universe! Then we make little dots where all the maillers on Earth that we know about live! Now, I just have to figure out how to make an expanding circle in euro 6/1.

Besides, I can stop mailleing anytime I want. I can also stop the lives of several people who get in the way of me and my rings! Very Happy

I'll rise, but I won't shine.

Submissions: 10

Posted on Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:31 pm

Druid Queen wrote:
Besides, I can stop mailleing anytime I want. I can also stop the lives of several people who get in the way of me and my rings! Very Happy

Sure signs you're not addicted Wink

_________

Being from the third world, BMR claims the right to speak in the third person.

Submissions: 32

Posted on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:51 am

i supose i am... got my 20G wire yesterday >>... almost have finished a necklace today thats 20 inches lol... its in 20G, icrm... and its like... small XD.

Get off my lawn you damned whippersnappers!
(im 17 by the way XP!!)

Kyle.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:38 am

try winding that 20g at 0.165" ID and make 4-1 half persin its so nice looking and makes a really fine chain with lots of flexability.

craft mafia union local 809

Submissions: 294

Posted on Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:32 pm

I must be a maille addict because about 40 minutes after having my daughter (when I should have been sleeping) I was sitting up in the hospital bed making a byzantine bracelet for the midwife!!!

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:24 am

Legba3 wrote:
I must be a maille addict because about 40 minutes after having my daughter (when I should have been sleeping) I was sitting up in the hospital bed making a byzantine bracelet for the midwife!!!

no a true addict wouldnt have waited 40 mins to start mailing, it should have only been half that time...LOL Coif LoL Coif LoL

Peace in maile

Lo there do I see my father. Lo there do I see my mother, my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call me. They bid me take my place among them in the Halls Of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live forever

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2